Thread: Wsac.....

Post Thanks / Like

Wsac.....

I registered on their site about 8 months ago. Talked a few guys on there. I listed some of the leds I am selling on here last week. Had an issue but they resolved it promptly...Thanks Wsac!
    Last edited by kmauger1; 09-11-2011 at 10:03 PM.

dv3
    dislike thats crappy ...is that the western slope club? ...dont they have a subforum here?

3D Racing - Track 1 Champion!
    3D Racing - Track 2 Champion!
    3D Racing - Track 3 Champion!
    Blackjack Champion!
    Flash Halo: CTF Champion!

Post Thanks / Like
    This thread is in the subforum :P I agree, crappy. I assume they didn't want you to sell there, but geez... How hard would it have been to just delete your post and send you a nastygram.
    45g 24x24x18 LPS/Zoa/RBTA Dominated Cube
    120w Evolution 14k LED
    29g Refugium/Sump, Octopus DNW 150
    PM if you have any super cheap and awesome LPS/Zoas/Rics!

Post Thanks / Like
    I know at least reefcentral sends people nastygrams...haha

dv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuba_Steve View Post
    This thread is in the subforum :P
    lmao ...didnt even look

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya know, I honestly don't understand that attitude. Frankly, I appreciate it when people offer to sell things on the forum even when it's commercial.

Site Administrator
    Diamond Mine Champion!
    Fruit Twirls Champion!
    Queen Jewel Champion!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sent Sublime a PM asking for info on why.
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau

Wine is for wisdom, beer is for strength, but bourbon is the water of life.

The New glass 300 build
    http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showt...ighlight=ghost

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murfman View Post
    Sent Sublime a PM asking for info on why.
    good lookin out
    ✞Never let insincere sincerity be your response. And don't engage in selfish acts of selflessness.✞
    - Joseph
    My 180g mixed reef: http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showt...e-s-180-build.
    DBTC Received- Orange Delight zoas, purple digi (died), sour apple bird's nest
    DBTC Given- 5xs Eagle Eyes, 3xs orange digi, 20xs L.A. Lakers Monti, reverse space monster, 2xs clover polyps, 2xs neon green birds nest.

Post Thanks / Like
    This was done without my knowledge and I don't know that I agree with the actions. I do not know the entire circumstances of the situation and am investigating it as I write this. I will update this thread when I have reached a conclusion. I most definitely know I do not want to push people away.

Brandon

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry.

To Kyle and any other interested parties:
    I talked with the other moderator involved regarding this situation. First and foremost, I want to apologize for the inconvenience and unrest this caused. We do not want to drive away good users and I would like to extend an invitation back to our site and a free frag from me personally if you are ever in the area as a way of making amends.

The full logs on this were removed when you were removed Kyle. However, there is a log entry stating that you were given a warning on June 15th, 2001 at 11:00AM regarding posting commercial posts. The post was deleted and you were aware that this behavior was not acceptable. Perhaps, due to the length of time between offenses, or perhaps a lack of understanding and clarity of our policies you knowingly or unknowingly violated them again. This was in part your error. However, we did not have clearly outlined policies readily available on our site and we did not offer a lesser punishment for your alleged repeated violation. I do not have a copy of the exact text you used in your post so I cannot speak to the terms of your alleged violation. I say alleged because I do not know for certain, myself, if you violated our terms because your post is gone. I can only go on what the other moderator said and I have to trust what he says. However, I realize there are two stories to everything, so I am giving you the benefit of the doubt too.

We clearly messed up in two big ways. For that I completely apologize. We have a policy regarding commercial posts because we have had some serious issues in the past with vendors and home business abusing our site. We do not have the ability to look at these on a case by case basis so our blanket policy takes effect.

What I have done to remedy this problem:
    1) I have added clearly defined polices in several locations on our site to ensure that people understand what it acceptable and what is not.
    2) I have added easy to access contact information to ask questions regarding our policies.
    3) I created a standard warning that is very clear and throughly explains the nature of the violation and the actions to be taken upon repeated violations.
    4) I have made an agreement with the other mods on our site and they will all follow our policy regarding warnings, temporary bans and permanent bans.
    5) There is now an appeals process for people that are banned permanetnly to gain access to their account and our club again.
    6) The policy regarding permanent bans is much more rigid and more difficult for mods to implement. We must agree completely before banning someone. After that time, we have a 30 day appeals time period for the user to request their permissions reinstatement. This process will go to another mod that did not have any part in the decision to ban the user and that mod will have full discretion. If the user is allowed back, they will be on a 120 day probabtion where they will not be given any warnings for policy violation. If they violate the terms of re-instatment and 3 mods agree to ban them, they are banned for life.
    7) There are other internal policy changes that have been made that are not necessary to publicly announce.

What does all of this mean? It means that we admit we screwed up and made a mistake Kyle. I hope that this also shows our dedication to the people of our club and willingness to change and review ourselvs to make the community a better place. Lastly, I hope it shows that we are willing to take responsibilty for our mistakes and a willingness to correct them.

I am sorry this happened to you Kyle. I want to thank you for bringing this to light. We are not bad people and we have the same love of this hobby as everyone else. Also, like other people, we make mistakes and screw up too. I hope that you all can accept our apology and that we can move forward in making a better community on the western slope. In the future, if anyone has a problem with our site, please contact me first in private so that I can have an opportunity to fix things first.

Happy reefing everyone!
    Brandon

Post Thanks / Like
    No response? I think we were very generous and understanding and we at least deserve a response considering we were never given the opportunity to handle this in private in first place. Not to mention that there was a warning given, which you said there was never any warning.

Brandon

dv3
    i think you had a great response ...nice effort for sure

3D Racing - Track 1 Champion!
    3D Racing - Track 2 Champion!
    3D Racing - Track 3 Champion!
    Blackjack Champion!
    Flash Halo: CTF Champion!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think you could have handled this any more professionally. Reinstatement, drastic policy changes, and a free frag to top it all off... Sounds pretty standup to me!
    45g 24x24x18 LPS/Zoa/RBTA Dominated Cube
    120w Evolution 14k LED
    29g Refugium/Sump, Octopus DNW 150
    PM if you have any super cheap and awesome LPS/Zoas/Rics!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuba_Steve View Post
    I don't think you could have handled this any more professionally. Reinstatement, drastic policy changes, and a free frag to top it all off... Sounds pretty standup to me!
    +1 agreed

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    What was once supposed to be a hobby, has quickly become an OBSESSION!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the fast response. You handled this professionally and promptly. I actually lived in Glenwood for a while and wish I would have known about clubs back then. You obviously care about your members and your site users.

-Kyle