View Poll Results: What would the members like to do?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go a few more months without a Board of Directors to try it out?

    30 57.69%
  • Start looking for and putting together a replacement Board of Directors right away?

    22 42.31%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 207

Thread: VOTE info regarding the SCMAS club and it's future

  1. #61
    New User hurrafreak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    FOCO
    Posts
    186
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wet Paycheck View Post
    We have had the hell cautioned out of us and we are still willing to take it on! why are you two lobbying so freaking hard to keep us from trying our hand at it? If you are right then we will end up right here again.
    I am fully aware that we cannot accommodate everyone all of the time but I bet a lot more people will be happier.
    Whatever happens will happen, but I will guarantee that MASC will be there to hold out our hands to shake yours, if you'll take it. The same offer we have given to the SCMAS in the past, and which has given MASC and DARC a better relationship than it has been in a while.
    Its' better to be respected than feared

    I am the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be

    The excellence of execution

  2. #62
    Senior Member

    Great Mahjong: Classic Champion!
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,525
    Post Thanks / Like
    Juan I been to two of MASC meetings this year,so how come I'm not a member of MASC yet?

  3. #63
    New User hurrafreak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    FOCO
    Posts
    186
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, PM me at MASC, I don't want to clog this place up lol.
    Its' better to be respected than feared

    I am the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be

    The excellence of execution

  4. #64
    Registered User blue71's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Castle Rock
    Posts
    1,226
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad I'm not the only one who thought the 'northerners' comment was uncalled for. I'd say more. But I'd rather not get banned.
    125 Show In Wall

    The money that used to get poured into my tank, now gets poured into my car.

  5. #65
    dv3
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by blue71 View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one who thought the 'northerners' comment was uncalled for. I'd say more. But I'd rather not get banned.
    dont worry its the new SCMAS i dont think you'll be banned
    and i dont think all the springs people feel the same way (although i could be wrong) ...just the old BOD trying to put people down ...you know how it is

  6. #66
    Website Administrator
    Gomojoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    2,947
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrafreak View Post
    Trust me, the stuff poured in for us. Maybe it wasn't all glamorous but we had TONS of raffle items. It's not "easy" but if you are willing to be on the phone with tons of people for half hour to a hour each person than you can definitely make headway.
    Which for the last FragStock we did. that was what we did and like you said we did pretty well. But my point was that I don't believe it was any easier cause I said I'm Prez or vice Prez versus saying "our club is pointing together and event." It was spending a significant amount of time calling and in a lot of cases having to continuously follow up. But as I have told you before there are a large group of people down here that aren't about having the sponsors pay the bills and it makes it next to impossible to do things if a large majority of the club doesn't support it. Hey you said you didn't care about what we do down here so why you poking in?
    -David!



  7. #67
    New User hurrafreak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    FOCO
    Posts
    186
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomojoe View Post
    Which for the last FragStock we did. that was what we did and like you said we did pretty well. But my point was that I don't believe it was any easier cause I said I'm Prez or vice Prez versus saying "our club is pointing together and event." It was spending a significant amount of time calling and in a lot of cases having to continuously follow up. But as I have told you before there are a large group of people down here that aren't about having the sponsors pay the bills and it makes it next to impossible to do things if a large majority of the club doesn't support it. Hey you said you didn't care about what we do down here so why you poking in?
    Because someone said that northerners are pretentious. The only thing I had ever said since I posted a week or whatever ago was that the whole membership should be privy to announcements that effect them. Then for someone to come out and generalize me because I live in a certain place, or poke at our club doesn't sit well with me. I never started a MASC vs SCMAS bash. The one thing that people who are opposing the BOD and replying to almost every post that other people put up have to realize, is that people like me are just coming on to offer different points of view. You don't have to follow me, and I'm not trying to make you do anything, just offering suggestions because I want you guys to succeed. But it's VERY lame to attack me just because I live somewhere, or because MASC does things differently.
    Its' better to be respected than feared

    I am the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be

    The excellence of execution

  8. #68
    Website Administrator
    Gomojoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    2,947
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrafreak View Post
    Because someone said that northerners are pretentious. The only thing I had ever said since I posted a week or whatever ago was that the whole membership should be privy to announcements that effect them. Then for someone to come out and generalize me because I live in a certain place, or poke at our club doesn't sit well with me. I never started a MASC vs SCMAS bash. The one thing that people who are opposing the BOD and replying to almost every post that other people put up have to realize, is that people like me are just coming on to offer different points of view. You don't have to follow me, and I'm not trying to make you do anything, just offering suggestions because I want you guys to succeed. But it's VERY lame to attack me just because I live somewhere, or because MASC does things differently.
    Clearly the majority of MASC is not that way. But we have a very few people(MASC) people that seem to think they know all details and pass judgment and get into drama that is not their own. I guarantee if all I did was come on MASC when there was drama and stir it up and did little else you would be a little perturbed as well. For example, Juan, why didn't you send a pm to one of the BOD regarding what you thought to be a case of information that was not being shared??? You said you didn't know their was no BOD, so that would of been a logical step to take to me.
    -David!



  9. #69
    New User hurrafreak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    FOCO
    Posts
    186
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomojoe View Post
    Clearly the majority of MASC is not that way. But we have a very few people(MASC) people that seem to think they know all details and pass judgment and get into drama that is not their own. I guarantee if all I did was come on MASC when there was drama and stir it up and did little else you would be a little perturbed as well. For example, Juan, why didn't you send a pm to one of the BOD regarding what you thought to be a case of information that was not being shared??? You said you didn't know their was no BOD, so that would of been a logical step to take to me.
    Because the last time I PM'ed a BOD member I NEVER got an answer to anything. You are the only person who has ever tried to contact me, and you weren't even on the board lol. The reason I made a thread to ask why announcements weren't being made out in the open is because it's a relevant thread to be made. Why should I need to PM the board every single time I have a question lol, isn't that what the forums are for?? I didn't want/mean for it to turn into something like this for sure haha.

    On the other note, if you're going to call someone out (like you do David) then call them out, don't generalize because it just pisses everyone else off who you've just generalized. And yes David, we do have people who just come onto MASC when there is drama, it happens, it's going to happen forever. Board or no board it will continue to happen lol, and I have realized that already. Sometimes it does bother me, but sometimes they do put in ideas and things that I wouldn't have thought of myself. I know I can't please everyone, but we can please as many people as we can please, and we move forward doing so.
    Its' better to be respected than feared

    I am the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be

    The excellence of execution

  10. #70
    Registered User blue71's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Castle Rock
    Posts
    1,226
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dv3 View Post
    dont worry its the new SCMAS i dont think you'll be banned
    and i dont think all the springs people feel the same way (although i could be wrong) ...just the old BOD trying to put people down ...you know how it is
    Exactly what I was thinking. Can't we all start acting like adults now?
    125 Show In Wall

    The money that used to get poured into my tank, now gets poured into my car.

  11. #71
    Joseph J&A Timberlake's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    1,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea how the argument between the "northerners" and southerners" started. No one sounded pretentious to me. If stuff happened in the past leave it there guys. You both have your points. Let's get those points back to the topic at hand. Board now? board later? board at all?
    If anyone is going to continue commenting off topic, please do the rest of either club the favor of not using words like "we" as I can safely say I am not being spoken for (completely) in either side's views. Let's keep it to speaking for yourself. And again, I implore you to keep it on topic and civil (let's not sling mud.)

    Blue, aint no one going to ban you guy. Loved your president comment fyi.

    The question was posted, "Which of these things being discussed is no longer a possibility if there is a board?"
    I think that's a great question. I don't have a great answer for you and I don't recall reading one. I have my reasons for wanting to go without a board for a while, but they don't stem from what we can't do with a board. They stem from a simpler focus without a targeted group that's guilty for everything under the sun. Does anyone have a good and direct answer to this member's question about what we can't do with a board that we can do without?

    Not playing sides guys, just trying to help the thread stay on topic.
    ✞Never let insincere sincerity be your response. And don't engage in selfish acts of selflessness.✞
    - Joseph
    My 180g mixed reef: http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showt...e-s-180-build.
    DBTC Received- Orange Delight zoas, purple digi (died), sour apple bird's nest
    DBTC Given- 5xs Eagle Eyes, 3xs orange digi, 20xs L.A. Lakers Monti, reverse space monster, 2xs clover polyps, 2xs neon green birds nest.

  12. #72
    Senior Member
    Reefkoi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    on the best online forum in Colorado
    Posts
    8,537
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cant even fathom having time to read all of this back and forth between what seems to be David and everyone else, David why not just shut the hell up and quit posting every 2 f'ing seconds, jesus I cant even read any of your stuff its all just BS I'd have to be on some serious drugs to even understand half of it........anyone with me??


    "His beard alone has experienced more than a lesser man's entire body and his blood smells like cologne". The Most Interesting Man in the World

  13. #73
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    351
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRuby View Post
    Where are these 17 people. I would think they would have some response. So far we only really have ex and current BOD members speaking for the opposition.
    Just voted. These posts from ex and current BOD members are more than enough reason in my mind not to have one. And seriously, the ban stick should be brought out as soon as personal insults start flying. If you can't discuss the topic civilly then you shouldn't be participating IMO.

    Bernout

  14. #74
    dv3
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernout View Post
    Just voted. These posts from ex and current BOD members are more than enough reason in my mind not to have one. And seriously, the ban stick should be brought out as soon as personal insults start flying. If you can't discuss the topic civilly then you shouldn't be participating IMO.

    Bernout
    you realize some of the personal attacks are coming from the previous BOD that you are calling good enough for you,right?

  15. #75
    Blue Diamond Aquatics honoreetamore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Colorado Springs
    Posts
    1,130
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I have to say its a shame that bc the last BOD -for multiple reasons -had a hard time maintaining the bod/member relationship in a positive way... that it is now being viewed as a good enough reason not to have a new one at all.... as if saying the next bod will be just as "bad" (and i use that word very very losely bc thats the only simple word that comes to mind after reading the response saying they vote against a BOD just based on what past BOD is saying and how they are acting)


    Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.
    ~Louisa May Alcott


  16. #76
    DARC Board Member rmougey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    522
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are nothing if not subtle..... OK... maybe that's the wrong word.

    I voted (as a SCMAS member) to wait. I truly think there needs to be a cooling of period in order to not fracture the membership. I think spending a bit of time together informally will go towards helping set a future direction for the club. There are certainly two distinct, polar opposite factions currently in the membership. One group thinks that the club should be informal, no money, no raffles, no vendors just hang out and enjoy some camaraderie. Another group wants to raise money, put together events and do bigger things that need organization. Both can coexist, even in the same club..... but moving too quickly could create a split in the membership. Guess where MASC and DARC came from?

    Both ideals are fine.... it's great having informal, cozy, simple get togethers. You really can't have 100 people at your house.... well... except for ReefKoi... who knew so many folks could pack in there? The other approach is to hold events, raise money, organize speakers and build a large membership from which one can continue to grow. That takes organization and a BOD, however many folks don't want that. How do you appease both groups.... they both hold equally valid ideals. And then you have the folks in the middle (I'm starting to sound like a Richard Jenni routine) who would enjoy an occasional home visit and would also go to Fragstock.

    We have some pretty good events up north.... MASC does it with an elected BOD and bylaws; DARC does it with an informal group of folks and Reefstock is a commercial venture. There have been some great frag swaps down south. I recall one in a garage and one in a ballroom. You can have whatever you want... just make sure you have the support of your members.... and not just those who use the online forums. Lot's of folks don't want to be on the website, they want to actually have conversations in person. Their input is just as valid as the persons behind a keyboard.

    Would love to see the club emerge stronger and more stable after this change. But whatever form the club takes, it should represent what a majority wants, not necessarily what I want it to be. I think you'll find that you want a BOD and possibly some new or modified bylaws.... but it needs some time. November isn't that far away....
    Last edited by rmougey; 08-23-2011 at 10:51 PM.
    DARC Board Member

    If at first you don't succeed.... you didn't quarantine long enough!

  17. #77
    Blue Diamond Aquatics honoreetamore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Colorado Springs
    Posts
    1,130
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well said Rob... I am more one way than the other... I want a BOD - weather I'm part of it or not... I want the organising of events and all the bells and whistles! lol

    The reason I had not posted anything after the dissolution of the board is bc I recongnise the possible need for some cool off time plus didnt want to start an arguement... Juan did it unintentionally by asking if things (announcements) could simply not be hidden. But I voted for a BOD on the basis of I see it only getting harder from this point on to get a BOD elected. Tho I see your point of cool off and letting us build some friendships too.

    If i could have worded my own vote button it would be something like "I want a BOD - I don't mind waiting a short time for a good thing as long as it happens! But would rather it sooner than later " lol


    Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.
    ~Louisa May Alcott


  18. #78
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    1,551
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have one question... what is it that is getting better since there is no BoD? Is it the turnout at Marty and Rita's bbq? That seems to be the concenous...Personally I don't believe that the lack of BoD played any part in that at all. There are obviously some hard feeling between a few people here and not once have I talked to anyone and heard anything bad about either Marty or Rita. Could the turn out have been the result of different feelings toward them as opposed to others that have tried to have a "get-together"? That would be my first guess... Not the fact that there is no longer a BoD.... Although I have been to known to be wrong before.

    And one last thing.... Its pretty damn childish that all of this old sh!t is getting brought up in a public thread. (Or at all for that matter) I personally have only been around for a couple months and could give 2 sh!ts about any issues that anyone may have had with another person. I don't know about it and I don't want to know about it. I find it pretty ridiculous that people continuously throw out old issues for everyone to see when there are so many new people that have recently joined the group.. Grow the F up and get over it. I think just about everyone here is at least 20 and most are over 30. Its time that we start acting like it. We are all here for the same reason...

  19. #79
    Site Administrator
    Murfman's Avatar
    Diamond Mine Champion!
    Fruit Twirls Champion!
    Queen Jewel Champion!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Old Farm
    Posts
    13,879
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wet Paycheck View Post
    By the way Gomo, I don't want power or authority, I have enough of that crap at work. I want to plan really cool events for people to have a blast with other club members.
    Yes, you are going to say I can still do that but the reality is that I cannot because unless I am a club official I cant get access very easily to discounts, specials and other incentives for the club as a whole.
    There really aren't any specials/discounts or incentives. It is nothing more than cold calling and trying to get them. Some used to donate something for meetings, when we approached them, but stopped when they felt we had members taking their business away.
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau


    Wine is for wisdom, beer is for strength, but bourbon is the water of life.


    The New glass 300 build
    http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showt...ighlight=ghost

  20. #80
    Registered User scrumpto's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    499
    Post Thanks / Like
    A few funnies in the heat of the debate...

    Watching all this is a bit like turning on General Hospital when you've never seen the show before. Everyone is fighting over five year old issues but since you're a noob you can't make sense of any of it. Making matters worse, everyone here has two names - the one on their profile and their real name which generally only gets used in anger. Of course, I can't match real names to profile names so LOL, I have no idea who someone is *****ing at or about. E.G. "Grow up Fred!" when there are no Freds on the list.

    Second funny. The first person to suggest we all act like adults happens to be 14. Sorry, that just struck me as hilarious.

    Okay, ding, ding -- you can go back at it now ;-)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •