Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Small Request

Post Thanks / Like

Small Request

And I may catch a little hell for this. Is there ANY way that when SCMAS makes announcements that come from the BOD on anything that they are also made so that ALL of the members can read/see them?

I find it hard to figure out what is going on with the SCMAS when I can't see the "members forum" which, when it comes to announcements that effect EVERYONE is pretty unfortunate. It would just be nice for all, even those of us who live so far away and can't attend 2 meetings so we are just "registered members", to know what's going on.
    Its' better to be respected than feared

I am the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be

The excellence of execution

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    you should be able to see all "members only" posts,threads, forums, etc now as the BOD is no more. the new rule is simply to have 25 posts and then you are a member. you thus are registered and like the majority should be able to see all posts now.
    ✞Never let insincere sincerity be your response. And don't engage in selfish acts of selflessness.✞
    - Joseph
    My 180g mixed reef: http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showt...e-s-180-build.
    DBTC Received- Orange Delight zoas, purple digi (died), sour apple bird's nest
    DBTC Given- 5xs Eagle Eyes, 3xs orange digi, 20xs L.A. Lakers Monti, reverse space monster, 2xs clover polyps, 2xs neon green birds nest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I can't see anything still?? But this wasn't requested for myself. I'm just asking if its possible that any past,future announcements be made through the general discussion forum. I honestly don't really even know what you're talking about there not being a BOD lol?? Just seems like everyone should know about the announcements?

Post Thanks / Like
    The board disbanded? When did this happen? I haven't seen any posts about that at all. I don't even see a "members only" forum anymore either.
    Jeremy & Katy ~ JayBe & KayBe
    It's not an addiction... it's a cure to extra money plaguing our bank accounts.

Post Thanks / Like
    PMs sent with more info.
    ✞Never let insincere sincerity be your response. And don't engage in selfish acts of selflessness.✞
    - Joseph
    DBTC Given- 5xs Eagle Eyes, 3xs orange digi, 20xs L.A. Lakers Monti, reverse space monster, 2xs clover polyps, 2xs neon green birds nest.

dv3
    Quote Originally Posted by J&A Timberlake View Post
    PMs sent with more info.
    can you send a public message for the rest of us

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll send you what I sent them. I don't know if i'm aloud to post things from the members only area because it is still info meant for those who have 25 or more post (and thus are members). Those persons with 24 or less posts can see this thread and thus I believe i'd be in the wrong to copy the members only info and paste it here. But, I'll happily pm anyone with 25 or more post the info from the members only area until you can contact an admin to gain ability to see the members only area. PM sent DV3
    - Joseph

dv3
    Quote Originally Posted by J&A Timberlake View Post
    I'll send you what I sent them. I don't know if i'm aloud to post things from the members only area because it is still info meant for those who have 25 or more post (and thus are members). Those persons with 24 or less posts can see this thread and thus I believe i'd be in the wrong to copy the members only info and paste it here. But, I'll happily pm anyone with 25 or more post the info from the members only area until you can contact an admin to gain ability to see the members only area. PM sent DV3
    0i have over 400 posts but i dont see the forum

Site Administrator
    Diamond Mine Champion!
    Fruit Twirls Champion!
    Queen Jewel Champion!

Post Thanks / Like
    try now
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau

Wine is for wisdom, beer is for strength, but bourbon is the water of life.

The New glass 300 build
    http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showt...ighlight=ghost

Site Administrator
    Diamond Mine Champion!
    Fruit Twirls Champion!
    Queen Jewel Champion!

Post Thanks / Like
    Juan, very good point and I will ensure that announcements/meetings/events are posted here. That way newbies and members will all see it.
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau

Wine is for wisdom, beer is for strength, but bourbon is the water of life.

The New glass 300 build
    http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showt...ighlight=ghost

Website Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't moved everyone over to the "club member" usergroup yet. So if you were not a member prior to the disbanding of the BOD you still won't see the member's only forums. Was waiting until there was resolution with the club funds before moving everyone, as those that were members are the ones who should have say in the funds and that is the only thing we have right now to track that.
    -David!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murfman View Post
    Juan, very good point and I will ensure that announcements/meetings/events are posted here. That way newbies and members will all see it.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gomojoe View Post
    I haven't moved everyone over to the "club member" usergroup yet. So if you were not a member prior to the disbanding of the BOD you still won't see the member's only forums. Was waiting until there was resolution with the club funds before moving everyone, as those that were members are the ones who should have say in the funds and that is the only thing we have right now to track that.
    I personally am not asking for a vote in funds, althought I do have some opinion on that lol, nor am I asking to be able to vote, or hold whatever power I have being a member of the SCMAS. All I'm saying is that when something is to be said, it should be said to everyone so that everyone is in the loop. There is at least one person in this thread that has spoken up about not knowing the BOD disbanded +me, and I'm sure there are more out there. While I definitely agree with having a "members only" forum, I think announcements such as a board dissolution might be better served in the General forum as that impacts everyone, not just those who are considered "members."

Just because someone may have just signed up for the website doesn't mean that they shouldnt be privy to announcements like that. This is just my 2 cents of course, doesn't mean much haha.
    Last edited by hurrafreak; 08-22-2011 at 03:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK so WTF? we should be electing new board members then, right?
    -Jay

"It's necessary to be slightly underemployed if you are to do something significant." - James D. Watson

Post Thanks / Like
    I sort of agree with Jay. I don't know all the details but it comes across like someone decided, "hey I'm not gonna be a board member any more and nobody else is gonna be either". I understand stepping down from a position but I have never heard of getting rid of the position altogether.

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed! I myself will do whatever I can to keep this going.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    What was once supposed to be a hobby, has quickly become an OBSESSION!!!

dv3
    Quote Originally Posted by BRuby View Post
    I sort of agree with Jay. I don't know all the details but it comes across like someone decided, "hey I'm not gonna be a board member any more and nobody else is gonna be either". I understand stepping down from a position but I have never heard of getting rid of the position altogether.
    i agree with this ...give someone else a shot at it

Post Thanks / Like
    I mean imagine if the real world worked like that. Obama doesn't want to president any more so he just announces that we will no longer have one. ??

Post Thanks / Like
    im sure if that happens we will figure out a way to get the club back up and running without missing too much.
    -Jay

"It's necessary to be slightly underemployed if you are to do something significant." - James D. Watson

Website Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by torquehound View Post
    This is to inform the club membership that the BOD, in counsel with previous BOD members, has decided to dissolve the BOD at this time. The club will go on. The website will stay up and things will still go on as they always do here on the forum. The only real difference will be that since there is no BOD there will be no meetings or events planned by them. Our greatest desire here is for the club to rise from the ashes like a phoenix. This decision has not been taken lightly. With all the drama, conspiracy theories, slander etc that has happened over the last couple of years, we feel that it is the only way to move forward. This allows members to step up and move the club forward with no questions of biased loyalties, sponsor control etc. Eric aka calvin415 and Paul Murfman will act as a disciplinary committee to handle anyone who gets out of line in the meantime. Others will stay on as website admin as well. So please look at this as the dawn of a new day and new direction. Not as an end but as a new beginning. If you have questions, please feel free to ask and be the change you wish to see.
    Since it isn't secret, here is what Jason posted up in the members forum. The concept is that it wasn't that the BOD didn't want to continue being the BOD. The issue is that rumor and here-say derail whoever is on the BOD to the point that they are not able to do the things expected of them. So the hope here is that everyone can communicate about reefing, that people can use the site to host meetings, that people can get together and make this club as it was. Not by having 5 people just say "well than I'll do it", but instead by having the camaraderie build naturally and a strong group of individuals eventually emerge and restore the BOD.
    -David!

dv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomojoe View Post
    Since it isn't secret, here is what Jason posted up in the members forum. The concept is that it wasn't that the BOD didn't want to continue being the BOD. The issue is that rumor and here-say derail whoever is on the BOD to the point that they are not able to do the things expected of them. So the hope here is that everyone can communicate about reefing, that people can use the site to host meetings, that people can get together and make this club as it was. Not by having 5 people just say "well than I'll do it", but instead by having the camaraderie build naturally and a strong group of individuals eventually emerge and restore the BOD.
    good intentions maybe but i still agree that someone else should get a shot ...the past BOD may not have dealt with the "rumors and here-say" as well as someone else might