Thread: Masc bod

Post Thanks / Like

Masc bod

I think the MASC bod overstepped their bounds big time. What was to gain with what they pulled? What was the end result supposed to be? They have a great club which allot of credit must go to the bod, but I think they messed up tonight.
    "What the wise man does at beginning, the fool does in the end..." Warren Buffett

I agree! today is my last time visiting there site. I used to have nothing but good things to say about MASC and how they turned things around. now I might as well forget there even there

dv3
    imo ...if the BOD would have handled things properly here it wouldn't have spilled over to MASC

Website Administrator

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dv3 View Post
    imo ...if the BOD would have handled things properly here it wouldn't have spilled over to MASC
    I'm sorry but hosting someone else dirty laundry with the intent of righting a perceived wrong that they know nothing about is not the best decision. You of all people have to admit drama occasionally exists on both sites and for a BOD to try and provide wisdom to another BOD without full knowledge of the situation is at least somewhat nieve!
    -David!

dv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomojoe View Post
    I'm sorry but hosting someone else dirty laundry with the intent of righting a perceived wrong that they know nothing about is not the best decision. You of all people have to admit drama occasionally exists on both sites and for a BOD to try and provide wisdom to another BOD without full knowledge of the situation is at least somewhat nieve!
    i didn't say it couldn't have been handled differently but those guys (banned members) were really left with no recourse for answers as it seems and MASC always lets people talk without banning people and very few infractions... granted it doesn't usually get this heated over there ....when it does thinks are handled reasonably ...not with rash decisions by the people in power
    http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums...8700-scmas-BOD

dv3
    i will also say i hope this doesnt come between the clubs ... there is power in numbers and they would work much better as a team than enemies

Website Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    i didn't say it couldn't have been handled differently but those guys (banned members) were really left with no recourse for answers as it seems and MASC always lets people talk without banning people and very few infractions... granted it doesn't usually get this heated over there ....when it does thinks are handled reasonably ...not with rash decisions by the people in power
    http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums...8700-scmas-BOD
    Well like I just said on MASC if the MASC BOD wants to work with the SCMAS BOD they should talk before hosting a forum like that!
    -David!

Website Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    i will also say i hope this doesnt come between the clubs ... there is power in numbers and they would work much better as a team than enemies
    Agreed! I hope it doesn't as well!
    -David!

You know what makes me mad is the "they suck were better mentality" that SOME of your members have expressed and if your bod was so GREAT they would have thrown water on it instead of gas ( directed towards Aaron)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GrassHoppa' View Post
    I agree! today is my last time visiting there site. I used to have nothing but good things to say about MASC and how they turned things around. now I might as well forget there even there
    I understand your anger as it was made personal for you, but for me I think they just really messed up tonight. Other then tonight they have done a great job and I will continue to visit over there as it is still a great club and bod. But we can remember that no one is perfect. I thought I made a mistake once but I turned out to be wrong.
    "What the wise man does at beginning, the fool does in the end..." Warren Buffett

Post Thanks / Like
    Unbelievable! Is there a club where people just enjoy reefing and avoid this kind of ridiculous mess? If so please let me know because that is the club I would like to join. Hobbies are supposed to be FUN!
    -Jay

"It's necessary to be slightly underemployed if you are to do something significant." - James D. Watson

Blue Diamond Aquatics honoreetamore's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like
    WTF!? Whats going on here?

Hmmmm.... 6 people get banned bc they are 'trouble makers' (of which u wont hear too much to prove otherwise either) ... and taht is supposed to make our club not have as much drama anymore....

Yet here it is! *sigh*

Im disappointed guys!

Wet Paycheck - I was gunna PM you (which is what the board has said it the appropriate thing to do in such matters - but since somewhere the board also decided newbs cant have PM privies - I will just have to put it here....
    I just wanted to say, Im sorry you got to experience such BS your first days here. I have only lived in CO for two yrs now and this club is what helped me find and connect with some really cool people... I hope you find the same here dispite the current choas hun!
    Last edited by honoreetamore; 06-30-2011 at 10:21 PM.

Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.
    ~Louisa May Alcott

Quote Originally Posted by bigsittingrock View Post
    I understand your anger as it was made personal for you, but for me I think they just really messed up tonight. Other then tonight they have done a great job and I will continue to visit over there as it is still a great club and bod. But we can remember that no one is perfect. I thought I made a mistake once but I turned out to be wrong.
    yeah I hear ya. Ive taken a couple deep breaths and I'm not upset at MASC I apologize to the MASC members. and to the ones making comments about our great group of reefers (SCMAS) I hope your able to reconsider your comments aswell. I'd just like to recover what we used to have, Comradery!
    Last edited by GrassHoppa'; 06-30-2011 at 10:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope your able to reconsider your comments aswell.
    I have nothing to reconsider. I have said nothing wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like the MASC thread has been taken down...... I always seem to be late to the party......

Good luck..... from that other club everyone forgets about.
    DARC Board Member

If at first you don't succeed.... you didn't quarantine long enough!

lol not you Rex! I was referring to the earlier discussions. it's clear that our members would like this type of conversation (BS) to stop so I'll respect that and step back

Post Thanks / Like
    crap what did I miss? LOL

Glad they pulled it down i guess..........we need to move on and leave the drama behind and get back to reefing )))

Reefkoi Corals Retail Store

3945 N Academy Blvd Unit E
    Colorado Springs, CO 80917

www.reefkoicorals.com

Post Thanks / Like
    lol not you Rex! I was referring to the earlier discussions. it's clear that our members would like this type of conversation (BS) to stop so I'll respect that and step back
    I know what you meant. Dry humor doesn't translate well online.