2 20.00%
  • Yes +1

2 20.00%
  • No

6 60.00%

Thread: Elite Reef Fest 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Elite Reef Fest 2011

Alright everyone! For those of you who also check out the MASC board at www.marinecolorado.org, you may or may not know that July is the last meeting for the BOD. August is still "technically" one of our meetings as well but it's more for introducing the new BOD and letting you all interact with them.

With this being our last meeting we decided to throw a HUGE bash!! Thus, it turned into, Elite Reef Fest 2011!! http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums...Reef-Fest-2011. There have already been quite a bit of raffle items announced and MANY more to come!! The pizza place next door will be doing some sweet deals on pizza/beer, and Aaron will once again be doing a fragging demo, pretty similar to the one he did at the Rocky Mountain Marine Conference. The downtown aquarium will be there selling their frags, and there is still a few things to be announced that you wouldn't normally think of when you think, "fish meeting." We hope to see you there, and please follow the link to be updated, and we will do our best to keep you up to date here as well!!

It will be held on July 23rd so mark your calendars!!

BOD
    MASC
    Its' better to be respected than feared

I am the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be

The excellence of execution

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh man, if you haven't checked out the link above then you definitely should for all the raffle items and people that will be there!! Also, I think I forgot to mention that most of the proceeds will be going to Charity as well!! They will be donated to the Cameroon Development Fund! Not only do you get to come out and enjoy a sick *** meeting, but you also get to help a great cause!!

dv3
    you guys realty need to check this out ...they have put together quite the package for raffles ....and i can honestly say this is like no other LFS you have ever been to

Post Thanks / Like
    lol I'll have to send my evil twins Andy and Gale in my place to raise captive prop trouble...

I'ma be in Michigan for the Marine Breeding Initiative Breeders Workshop (so important I capitalized every word of it fools!!).

while you guys are here.. dealin with the heat I'll be in uhm...

okay michigan, dealing with the heat.. but I'll be hangin with the rest of the MBI board and council... cept Andy who hides from us.. wtf Andy.... really man do I stink that bad or what??
    ~J

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey details! Is there an address and time or day, or is it all day?? Entrance fees, etc etc? I've never been to a MASC meeting, but I heard they're pretty neato.

dv3
    Quote Originally Posted by THEJRC View Post

while you guys are here.. dealin with the heat I'll be in uhm...

okay michigan, dealing with the heat.. but I'll be hangin with the rest of the MBI board and council... cept Andy who hides from us.. wtf Andy.... really man do I stink that bad or what??
    don't forget about the humidity...you can always change your mind

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadam3085 View Post
    Hey details! Is there an address and time or day, or is it all day?? Entrance fees, etc etc? I've never been to a MASC meeting, but I heard they're pretty neato.
    No entrance fees or anything like that. From 11 to 7ish, or whenever we decide to stop buying and talking lol! Just come, eat some pizza, drink some beer, and buy some raffle tickets lol! It'll be a good time!

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.elitereeffest.com/. Here is the website. Totally free and the pizza joint next door is supposed to be giving discounts. Should be cool, they have a pretty nice store.

Blue Diamond Aquatics honoreetamore's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like
    I just wanted to give this a BUMP! The Elite Reef staff has pull all sorts of strings and vendors will be in the empty spot next to Elite Reef showing off all the latest gadgits!

I know I'm excited!!!! I'll be there all day with the critters ... Elite Reef Fest starts at 11am, the actually MASC club meeting will be at 2pm.. Raffles starting at 4pm.. and the conclusion should be around 7pm or whenever they kick us out! lol

Hope to see a bunch of springs ppl be able to make it up to this event! Its a great way to meet up with ppl and talk tank all day... So stop by for a few and say hi!!!

~Trish

Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.
    ~Louisa May Alcott

Post Thanks / Like
    WHOOO!! Thanks for everyone that came!! I know some springers were there as I spoke to most of you! I would guess that there were somewhere around 300 or more people there through the day!!! We raised enough money for the charity to send 3 students to school for 1 year!!! Those of you who came and donated should be proud of yourselves!!

dv3
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrafreak View Post
    WHOOO!! Thanks for everyone that came!! I know some springers were there as I spoke to most of you! I would guess that there were somewhere around 300 or more people there through the day!!! We raised enough money for the charity to send 3 students to school for 1 year!!! Those of you who came and donated should be proud of yourselves!!
    it was a great time ...job well done MASC and elite reef!
    nice to meet some of you springers too even if you all are "trouble makers" an banned from here thanks for being the ones to show your support

Post Thanks / Like
    So after the all the charity money was tallied we actually sent 5 students to school for 1 year!! This includes school, room, board, etc!!! What an awesome accomplishment peeps!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol you too Don
    What an awesome event that was
    already looking forward to the next one