Thread: Puffer, Trigger etc food

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Puffer, Trigger etc food

I currently feed Sally's Frozen Krill to our FOWLR tank. We have mixed in some of my home made fish food as well, but the Porcupines wont eat anything but the krill. Anyway, I am kind of tired of spending $13 every two weeks for frozen little shrimp. Any issues with feeding frozen salad shrimp instead? Both are cooked. Salad shrimp are shell less which would keep trash out of the tank as the puffers spit them out anyway. I also thought about getting small raw shrimp and cutting them in half, and then adding vita chem to them. I think that would actually be healthier than the krill. I am just looking for some input on this as I know we aren't the pinnacle of FOWLR knowledge.
    Jason Davis
    'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'
    - Ronald Reagan

Pimped out 40g breeder mixed reef, 20g sump, with ASM Mini G

Post Thanks / Like
    have you tried tuna jason? or possibly clams in a can? my picasso trigger and the others loved that when i fed them that

Some say being a big REEFER is illegal... I think it's all in what type of plants you grow. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I am trying to stay away from canned stuff because I want to keep everything as fresh as possible.
    Jason Davis
    'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'
    - Ronald Reagan

Post Thanks / Like
    I have done some of the muscles, clams, and shrimp form the grocery store. I find it's easier to mash it into a ball and freeze it. Then i just cheese grate the ball over the tank. Works well. As far as the shrimp goes make sure to smell it before you buy! I know it sounds weird, but some places will slightly bleach the raw shrimp to keep it a bit longer. It isn't a ton, but you can smell it if it's been done. I also rinse it well in salt water to get anything off of it from the shipping and handling procedures. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    at wallmart, in the fish section, they have a mixed seafood meal-its got squid and other nasties in it and its $3. you get alot too
    my name is Ryan and the toad is not for licking!

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought some of the seafood gumbo stuff before and just tossed the fake crab. Do I need to do that?
    Jason Davis
    - Ronald Reagan