Thread: Site Suggestions?

Website Administrator

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Site Suggestions?

So we have had the site up for a couple months now. So I'd like to get a list of things that people don't like, want changed, or would like to see added so I have something to work with on making the site better.

I'll start with what I'm currently working on:

-Get the rotating ad banner back up.
    -Add the chat capability again
    -Add a few more templates
    -Populate the Aquarist Library
    -Add a FAQ detailing membership benefits and method to become a member
    -David!

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe give a listing of all of the sponsors with a link to their site. I went to the sponsor list and it doesn't look like all of them come up. If you scroll down on the forum page you can get their web page but not a link. It might already be setup this way, but I'm missing it.

Website Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Currently our sponsor page has the logo's and they all go to their website if you click them. Are you saying you want to see an actual link below their logos?
    -David!

Website Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    So no one else has any suggestions? The vB layout is open source and pretty adaptable to custom change, so probably any reasonable request is doable. All search functions can be changed, menu structure can be changed, profile setups, you name it. So let's hear what you'd like to see and we can keep a running list on here that we can track and try to make progress on!
    -David!

Post Thanks / Like
    When I click the sponsor tab the list that shows up is only like ten banners. Is there a way to show them all or does it just pick ten? I was looking for a few supplies and had a hard time finding a full list.

Website Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, we haven't gotten one for every forum we have up yet. Although, we are currently taking a look at what it means to be a sponsor.
    -David!

Website Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    So no one else has any suggestions or desires for the site? Let's see some participation!
    -David!

Website Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually I'll add one that GrassHoppa' told me today. He would like to see a template that is more reef related, that maybe incorperates a coral type background or something. He cited R2R as an example.
    -David!

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe the sponsers can get more involved with the site. Why not use the sight to their business advantage? For instance, we got a great deal on blah, blah, blah, and we want to pass on the savings as well. This weeks special..... Why don't they have some kind of shopping cart that we can just click on. I think it would be be in their better interest to post what they have for all to see...show us your latest shipment it would save us all a lot of gas and help their sales to boot. IMO.

Website Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got one to add! I hate the PM system. It no longer includes the previous quoted message, which makes it difficult to know what people are repling to. It also doesn't have a reply to all function which results in people missing parts of the coversation when group messaging! Gotta see if I can fix these issues.
    -David!

Post Thanks / Like
    Updating the widget poll on the front page from christmas party to feb meeting? And maybe like before on the front page a giant reminder for the Feb Meeting, kinda like there used to be for the christmas party... I know I for one get kinda scatterbrained and need some reminders once in awhile (or a lot of the while)

Website Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadam3085 View Post
    Updating the widget poll on the front page from christmas party to feb meeting? And maybe like before on the front page a giant reminder for the Feb Meeting, kinda like there used to be for the christmas party... I know I for one get kinda scatterbrained and need some reminders once in awhile (or a lot of the while)
    THERE ARE YOU HAPPY! So pushy for an FNG! Just kidding, thank for the reminder/push!
    -David!

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha, sorry if I sounded pushy. But yes, very happy

Post Thanks / Like
    On the new post page, it'd be nice to have the new post button on each individual thread before the posters name. The long poster name usually pushes the arrow out of view for me, then I need to go into the last page in the thread and scroll down to find the new post. Also, if there's any setting to change the jpg files in the posts to not open in their own window. I can only see half the pic all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think we should consider removing the donate from the right side of the forum and leave it only on top. It is a little annoying on the right side.....

Website Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't seem to get rid of the donation link on the right side. I can get rid of the bar at the top and only have the one on the right, but the only way I can get rid of the one on the right is to turn them all off. I'll have to do some more research!
    -David!

Website Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JLAURENCE32 View Post
    On the new post page, it'd be nice to have the new post button on each individual thread before the posters name. The long poster name usually pushes the arrow out of view for me, then I need to go into the last page in the thread and scroll down to find the new post. Also, if there's any setting to change the jpg files in the posts to not open in their own window. I can only see half the pic all the time.
    As far as the last post option. I have been trying to find a way to have the actual forum link go to the last post. Pretty sure it worked that way before the upgrade and I have seen it on other sites with the upgrade so I know there is a way to do it. Just have to figure out how.

As for the picture thing, do you have an example post I can look at?
    -David!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomojoe View Post
    As far as the last post option. I have been trying to find a way to have the actual forum link go to the last post. Pretty sure it worked that way before the upgrade and I have seen it on other sites with the upgrade so I know there is a way to do it. Just have to figure out how.

As for the picture thing, do you have an example post I can look at?
    At the next meeting, I'll try to remember to show you. Probably just something on my end.