Thread: Open brain

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Open brain

Should I worry about my crabs messing with a trachyophilia radiata (wellsophylia) I picked up? Anything else I should be thinking about? It was kind of closed up when I got it but it is getting its fluffiness back now.
    Jason Davis
    'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'
    - Ronald Reagan

Pimped out 40g breeder mixed reef, 20g sump, with ASM Mini G

Post Thanks / Like
    ive had open brains and lobos eat crabs before, hermit and others.
    my name is Ryan and the toad is not for licking!

Post Thanks / Like
    I asked because my little "pocket expert" book says crabs can pick them to death. I could care less if it ate one I just don't want them to eat it. I see these things in half of everyone's tanks and I would bet that most all have lil crustys running around too.
    Jason Davis
    'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'
    - Ronald Reagan

Post Thanks / Like
    I had an arrowhead crab that my coral bandit shrimp eventually killed like my other shrimps. but anyway, he used to reach down inside and take the food out of the brain and meat coral in the middle of the night while they were digesting. But I haver never seen him or any other pick at a coral other than trying to steal food from it.

Post Thanks / Like
    jason, just cut the bottom off a 20 oz. and place it over the coral. that is what i do to keep my fish and such from picking my wire corals food. when its done i just take the bottle out for the next day.
    my name is Ryan and the toad is not for licking!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine was actually getting picked on by my blenny. Put it in and out of the fuge and finally caught the Blenny Red handed. Blenny went... still have the Brain. It's still for sale. It's huge.

Post Thanks / Like
    I definately was able to bring this thing back. It doesn't quite look as fluffy as ones in the store yet, but has color and eats and everything now. It was cool to watch it slowly come bak to life from near death.
    Jason Davis
    - Ronald Reagan