Thread: does anyone need windows 7 64 bit?

Post Thanks / Like

does anyone need windows 7 64 bit?

anyone willing to trade me the 32 bit windows 7 for my 64 bit (with key that hasnt been registered)
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Take it easy and if its easy take it twice

A leader is best when people barely know he exists, But of a good leader, who talks little, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say, 'We did this ourselves.

my theory is friends first! when buying, selling, or giving things away.

Site Administrator
    Diamond Mine Champion!
    Fruit Twirls Champion!
    Queen Jewel Champion!

Post Thanks / Like
    damn, I need 32 bit!!!
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau

Wine is for wisdom, beer is for strength, but bourbon is the water of life.

The New glass 300 build
    http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showt...ighlight=ghost

Post Thanks / Like
    Why in the hell would you want 32bit windows? I don't own a computer with less than 4GB of ram and 32bit only recognizes 3Gb.
    Last edited by mrliriel; 04-02-2010 at 05:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    well my year of mac came out just slightly before the 64 bit start, so i am only able to run 32 bit.

i really wanted to run 64 bit. . .
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

A leader is best when people barely know he exists, But of a good leader, who talks little, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say, 'We did this ourselves.

Post Thanks / Like
    You try installing it? I'm pretty sure all the intel based Macs are 64bit. In-fact I'm pretty sure that all of OSX is 64bit itself.

Post Thanks / Like
    boot camp wont install it, the guy at the apple store told me since i am not the newer gen intel it wont support windows 64 bit.

but i dont know, i just know that when i partition and continue to go about installing it just locks up and gives me the white screen wit ha fold with a ? mark on it but nothing else.

inorder for me to make the computer work after i try to use boot camp i must hold down option in order to allow me to click the hd to access my computer.

i might run parallels if that will work so that i can run a virtual machine.
    -Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like
    it would seem that parallel solved my problem so this offer off the table
    -Albert Einstein

Golf Master 3D Champion!
    Post Thanks / Like
    First problem is that it is a Mac. Second problem is the Intel processor

I have an old Athlon 3200 64 bit (I bought it 7 years ago) that I just installed Windows 7 64 bit version on for the kids. No issues of any kind.

On a side note, why would someone want to put a Microsoft OS on a Mac anyway? Doesnt that defeat the purpose of owning a Mac?

CNN deserves a big for the totally awesome reporting that they do!

Post Thanks / Like
    not it wasnt the macs issue it was installer issue. lol but it panned out

and i only need it to run the wifes college study disc or something stupid but once its over its over no more windows LOL
    -Albert Einstein

If I Die, Don't You Cry ReefJerk's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kens98 View Post
    ...why would someone want to put a Microsoft OS on a Mac anyway? Doesnt that defeat the purpose of owning a Mac?
    All Mac owners end up going this route. I just don't get it. Buy a PC and save yourself the trouble. AND, actually have some apps to run... Office for Mac! GET A PC!!!!
    "Time just keeps on slippin'...'"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ReefJerk View Post
    All Mac owners end up going this route. I just don't get it. Buy a PC and save yourself the trouble. AND, actually have some apps to run... Office for Mac! GET A PC!!!!
    But if you buy a pc, all you get is trouble. We have 5 pc's, they have all crashed numerous times or have a hardware issue. In fact last thursday we had to send in our compaq presairo because the screen stopped working (it lights up sometimes but shows no display. That thing is a little under a year old, I have a PowerBook G4 in titanium from 2001, It runs faster and better than the one we just sent in. Mac Os in my opinion is just better.
    125 Show In Wall

The money that used to get poured into my tank, now gets poured into my car.

Site Administrator
    Diamond Mine Champion!
    Fruit Twirls Champion!
    Queen Jewel Champion!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blue71 View Post
    But if you buy a pc, all you get is trouble. In fact last thursday we had to send in our compaq presairo because the screen stopped working (it lights up sometimes but shows no display.
    enough said!!!!
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau

Wine is for wisdom, beer is for strength, but bourbon is the water of life.

The New glass 300 build
    http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showt...ighlight=ghost

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murfman View Post
    enough said!!!!
    125 Show In Wall

The money that used to get poured into my tank, now gets poured into my car.