Post Thanks / Like

Won my first AA!

I just won this colony:

-David

Post Thanks / Like
    very nice! congrats
    christian,

12gallonbaby
    i saw that one for sale.... i really liked it but i dont have a credit card to put on the website so i didnt buy it.... i also heard that they are going out of business and that if you win an auction you are not guaranteed shipment of the coral but still are responsible for payment... hmmm... just wanted to let you know! but i love that acan and when you wanna frag it.... i am first in line!

Website Administrator

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where'd you hear that? That would piss me off! I might have to send them a 165 grain complaint if they did that!

Post Thanks / Like
    well first of all I'm pretty sure that is illegal. Besides, since you have to use a credit card, if something were to happen all you have to do is file a fraud complaint. The owners of that site is friends with some of the board members... Pretty sure that's just a nasty rumor. One that we shouldn't perpetuate. If someone has an actual problem with AA, then we can talk.
    Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

http://www.thescmas.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=24&dateline=1233116077

fishzilla
    that is just a rumor, where did you hear they are going out of business? google brought up nothing of the sort.

12gallonbaby
    i heard through a source that does legal work that they may be going through bankruptcy... i just wanted to let everyone know.... i mean it seems kinda weird to me that they have had so many things for sale lately but just six months ago they had a more exclusive selection with only one type of coral for sale at a time....

Website Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by liriel View Post
    well first of all I'm pretty sure that is illegal. Besides, since you have to use a credit card, if something were to happen all you have to do is file a fraud complaint. The owners of that site is friends with some of the board members... Pretty sure that's just a nasty rumor. One that we shouldn't perpetuate. If someone has an actual problem with AA, then we can talk.
    I agree that would be illegal, that's why I asked where she'd heard that rumor. I googled it and found nothing. As far as them selling more lately, that could be just because they are doing well because they sell decent corals for cheap prices and the word has spread.

Anyway, that would suck if they are filing for bankrupcy or anything else. Its an awesome asset to have!

-David
    Last edited by Gomojoe; 07-31-2009 at 07:18 AM.

Site Administrator
    Diamond Mine Champion!
    Fruit Twirls Champion!
    Queen Jewel Champion!

Post Thanks / Like
    I got my Trachys from them with no issues.
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau

Wine is for wisdom, beer is for strength, but bourbon is the water of life.

The New glass 300 build
    http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showt...ighlight=ghost

Website Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    There has been enough members buying from them in bulk that I think we would know if there have been any issues. Definently think its a nasty rumor we shouldn't spread.

-David

Aquatic-Auction
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomojoe View Post
    There has been enough members buying from them in bulk that I think we would know if there have been any issues. Definently think its a nasty rumor we shouldn't spread.

-David
    Wow! Isn't it amazing how things get to rolling. There is absolutely no validity to this as we continue to grow. If someone knows more than the owner please let me know

Regards,

Dustin
    The Aquatic Auction
    www.aquaticauction.com

Aquatic-Auction
    Quote Originally Posted by 12gallonbaby View Post
    i saw that one for sale.... i really liked it but i dont have a credit card to put on the website so i didnt buy it.... i also heard that they are going out of business and that if you win an auction you are not guaranteed shipment of the coral but still are responsible for payment... hmmm... just wanted to let you know! but i love that acan and when you wanna frag it.... i am first in line!
    Yes Please Please call me so I can set someone off in the correct direction. I can be reached at toll free 877-787-0415

Website Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquatic-Auction View Post
    Wow! Isn't it amazing how things get to rolling. There is absolutely no validity to this as we continue to grow. If someone knows more than the owner please let me know

Regards,

Dustin
    The Aquatic Auction
    www.aquaticauction.com
    Awesome, glad to hear!

Website Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got it in today! Looks pretty sweet, and it was open within an hour of putting it in my tank!

-David!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got a couple corals from Dustin myself.........incredible as usual.....now if I can stay high bidder on the BGM I'll be happy

Reefkoi Corals Retail Store

3945 N Academy Blvd Unit E
    Colorado Springs, CO 80917

www.reefkoicorals.com

nur.dls
    I too have won several corals and have never had a problem. I hope they are in business for a long time

Aquatic-Auction
    Quote Originally Posted by nur.dls View Post
    I too have won several corals and have never had a problem. I hope they are in business for a long time
    We hope so too!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm new to AA, does the site usually have no stuff for sale?

Post Thanks / Like
    yes I am new as well and I just registered on there after seeing your corals and I can't see anything for sale what is the deal with that?

Post Thanks / Like
    AA died a long time ago. Don't expect to see any new auctions.