Thread: New to the fourm

Post Thanks / Like

New to the fourm

Hi, I'm Wil, I'm new to the forum. I've been in the hobby for almost a year now, and have met many of you at shows and meetings. After a mix of forgetting and procrastination, I'm finally getting on the forum.

A little about me-
    I'm currently in high school and I'm a climber I love climbing and go to an indoor gym as much as I can usually 4-5 days a week, im on the gyms compition team. I work as a prep cook in a brekfest and lunch place, and im considering trying to get an automotive job.

Currently, I have 4 tanks set up, with another 2 or 3 in the works.
    (sorry about image quality I'm not sure why it's so bad when I upload)

My first tank is an Innovative Marine SR80

IMG_1697-min.jpg

Its been set up for about 6-7 months now, This picture was taken about a month ago as right now (and in this picture) my tank is very messy, becuase of excess frags, as im waiting to set up another 80 gallon wich will be a dedicated frag tank.
    This tank has a built-in sump in the back, (which I have mixed feelings about), I have a BRS dual reactor, running GFO and carbon, a ghost protien skimmer, and my lighting is two Hydra 26's.
    I have already overcome many issues with this tank, like a massive dino outbreak and more.

I'm just now trying to start getting into some more difficult corals, like Acros, My favorite types of Corals are Montis, and awosme Palys and Zoas, I also like Leptastreas a lot.

I have a 15-gallon tank which is more of a holding tank, than anything else. with a small yellow tang and a clown (wich will be moved into 80 gallon frag tank). The tanks main filtration besides a small power filter is live rock and a ton of macro algae. I have a kessil A80 tuna blue on this tank, wich i will be using for a 9 gallon nano i have planned.

(I would post more pictures but I guess I cant)

I also have an 80-gallon rimless frag, which is not yet filled (due to lack of funding) with a 45-gallon sump. It has a reef octo skimmer and return pump, lighting is still undecided for this tank, but I'm leaning towards going with 2 Hydra 26's as ive had good success with them, allthough if anyone has other recomdations id love to hear and see the results about them. Ive decided to go bare bottom, after talking to many about it, I have a large fuge space as im a huge fan of macro algae as filtration, and in general.

I also have a 55-gallon freshwater planted tank which I would love to post more pictures but sadly can't. If someone could tell me how or if just I cant that would be sweet.

So that's me and my tanks, and id love to answer any questions about me or my tanks!
    thanks
    -Wil

2. Likes Joe liked this post
    SCMAS President

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Wil. Great to have you join us. I'm not sure why you are having issues with pictures. Are you getting a message when trying to post or just not happening?
    Doyle

"It's better to be silent and thought the fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

90g sps Reef, DIY LED Lighting.
    180g Reef - rebirth started Jan 2013
    260g Coral Propagation System.

Go dt go bhfilleann s abhaile!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! Where are you located, COS, Pueblo, or what? When you get it figured out I would love to see more pics of your tanks?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

5. Likes ddwmedic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Wil. Glad to hear from you. Also look forward to seeing more photos!! Glad you finally joined & I cant wait to meet you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Wil, quite a system you have starting up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!
    Don't look here for a comment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maxthedog2000 View Post
    Welcome! Where are you located, COS, Pueblo, or what? When you get it figured out I would love to see more pics of your tanks?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    I'm located in COS thanks for asking!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hooked View Post
    Welcome Wil. Great to have you join us. I'm not sure why you are having issues with pictures. Are you getting a message when trying to post or just not happening?
    It's saying I have a maximum file size of 500kb which isn't much, all my photos are much larger than that, so I'm not sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! You're in high school and manage multiple set ups. That's impressive.

Great Mahjong: Classic Champion!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to SCMAS

Post Thanks / Like
    Wil is the next generation of reef hobbyist, he has the drive i had before i got old and lazy hah!! Hows the pods doing buddy?

Reefkoi Corals Retail Store

3945 N Academy Blvd Unit E
    Colorado Springs, CO 80917

www.reefkoicorals.com

14. Likes hooked , Joe liked this post