Thread: Tell me I'm not crazy

Post Thanks / Like

Tell me I'm not crazy

So I've been wanting to hook up my float switch on my new DC pump in theory the switch if it's installed correctly with the cables facing up if the switch is down in the lowest position the pump should turn off and if it's up the pump should be on right. Well with my pump is reversed and Reef Octopus is saying this is normal behavior I don't get it

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lsaint View Post
    So I've been wanting to hook up my float switch on my new DC pump in theory the switch if it's installed correctly with the cables facing up if the switch is down in the lowest position the pump should turn off and if it's up the pump should be on right. Well with my pump is reversed and Reef Octopus is saying this is normal behavior I don't get it

I don't know if I'm understanding this correctly or not, let me know. If the actual float part containing the magnet is switched on the post it can be either a normally open or normally closed circuit. Try switching the float itself around so it's a normally closed when up and open when the float drops. Hope this makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Kirby

My little slice of the ocean
    http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228

Post Thanks / Like

If you want it work that way, just mount it upside down just below the water line.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I'm looking into it more I was just overthinking it I just didn't like having to flip the float switch upside down to get it to work the way I wanted to

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I'm looking into it more I was just overthinking it I just didn't like having to flip the float switch upside down to get it to work the way I wanted to

Usually those switches have a clip on the distal end you can remove then flip the floating mechanism over and reinstall the clip leaving the wires as they are.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maxthedog2000 View Post
    Usually those switches have a clip on the distal end you can remove then flip the floating mechanism over and reinstall the clip leaving the wires as they are.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    WOOT That worked!!! The guy who I was talking to didn't say that would work. Thank you!!!

7. Thanks maxthedog2000 thanked you for this post
    Likes maxthedog2000 liked this post