Thread: Need to setup a cheap temporary tank for a move.

Post Thanks / Like

Need to setup a cheap temporary tank for a move.

I'm moving to a new house about 20mins away and I'm looking for a 30-50 gallon tank to setup temporarily while I move and re-setup my system at the new place. I'd prefer something that holds water and does not look to bad (have to keep the wife happy right?) and that is cheap. Since it is going to be a temp tank, the cheaper the better.

I'm also looking for anything else that would make setting up a temp tank easier, like a cheap pump HOB filter.

Thanks,

Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 65gal tank, stand, and lights... Possibly a HOB filter, but it might be small for the tank? Make an offer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ddwmedic View Post
    I have a 65gal tank, stand, and lights... Possibly a HOB filter, but it might be small for the tank? Make an offer
    What are the dimensions of the tank and do you have any pics you can send me (I can PM you my cell number if txting is easier). I've got a 250w MH light I can use, so I'm really just looking for a tank and possibly a stand for it. I currently have two HOB filters, so adding a third one might be enough for the couple of days my 3 small clownfish and 6 corals would need to be in it.

With all of the other moving expenses, I'm really hopping to keep this temp tank as close to $100 or less as I can. So if that's not in your ball park, I understand.

Thanks,

Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    The tank is 36"x18"x24"
    I can't get the pictures to load on here, send me your e-mail or phone number.
    That price would be good with me...

Post Thanks / Like
    The tank is 36"x18"x24"
    I can't get the pictures to load on here, send me your e-mail or phone number.
    That price would be good with me...

Public Relations Liasion

Post Thanks / Like
    I have brand new shallow (very slightly used) 80 or 35 gallon shallow brand new frag flat with, sand stand, sump, skimmer, heater and lights that you can borrow. You haul to and from and take care of it (noooooooo scratches).

Stand is roughly 54w x 54T x 30d

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by static reef View Post
    I have brand new shallow (very slightly used) 80 or 35 gallon shallow brand new frag flat with, sand stand, sump, skimmer, heater and lights that you can borrow. You haul to and from and take care of it (noooooooo scratches).

Stand is roughly 54w x 54T x 30d
    Hi Static,

Borrowing a setup would be idea for this move, thank you very much for offering this too me. How deep is "shallow"? I just want to make sure it is deep enough to cover my corals and live rock.

Thanks again,

Keith

Public Relations Liasion

Post Thanks / Like
    12" for the 35 or 16" for the 80

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

9. Thanks the haj thanked you for this post