Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How I pay for this hobby

Post Thanks / Like

How I pay for this hobby

So a buddy of mine at work showed me how to use my phone to make cash. Me being me, I immediately thought go big and came up with how I can farm the money.

Basically I run an app on my phone that plays advertisements all day long. There is another app that asks me trivia questions all day long. the quiz app does not need any interaction while the advertisement one does require you to hit a button every 2 hours to say you are still watching similar to Pandora.

Each person in the house is able to have up to 5 android or ios devices running per app. So I have 3 on the questions and 3 on the advertisements. I am waiting for a shipment of 4 more android 4.4 phones to add the final 2 phones to each account, mine and my wifes.

With 5 phones running advertisements and 3 running on the quiz it averages a little over 13 dollars a day. So double that and I'm making 25 dollars a day or 750 on average per month.

I was skeptical at first until I started cashing out the points for Amazon and ebay gift cards then using the cards to buy stuff. There are tons of gift card options even walmart gift cards. You can send the cash to paypal but you only get 70%

Post Thanks / Like
    I have all the phones plugged into a surge protector to keep them powered all the time. I have the phones zip tied to a peg board to make it easy to keep them all running. I reset each phone once a day when I get home from work and they run for 24 hours without issue.

Site Administrator
    Diamond Mine Champion!
    Fruit Twirls Champion!
    Queen Jewel Champion!

Post Thanks / Like
    So what does it end up costing you on your phone bill for the extra lines?
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau

Wine is for wisdom, beer is for strength, but bourbon is the water of life.

The New glass 300 build
    http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showt...ighlight=ghost

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm assuming it doesn't have to be activated on his actual phone account and the account he's referring to is the one created for the apps. If you just use wifi to connect to interwebs you shouldn't need to have actual service plan on the phones. Seems like a pretty sweet deal man. I may have to try this out

Prepare Yourself! http://tinyurl.com/nsxj9k3
    Last time I checked my watch this was America!

Post Thanks / Like
    What are the apps called and where do you get the phones from?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by charleshardy5 View Post
    I'm assuming it doesn't have to be activated on his actual phone account and the account he's referring to is the one created for the apps. If you just use wifi to connect to interwebs you shouldn't need to have actual service plan on the phones. Seems like a pretty sweet deal man. I may have to try this out

Prepare Yourself! http://tinyurl.com/nsxj9k3
    You are correct, just WiFi so I do not use any service. Prepaid burner phones I got on sale at various stores. The best ones I have found are LG Optimus fuel from tracphone. They are 19.99 each right now on sale and you get 500 fuel points so buying two gets you 1 dollar off per gallon of gas. I have 5000 points at king soopers right now

Post Thanks / Like
    I run perk quiz on 3 phones per person and perk tv on 5 for each person. Use perk wallet to manage your points and buy gift cards. Set perk quiz to lightning mode to get double points and perk tv to low bandwidth video to speed up the time it takes to download advertisements.

Post Thanks / Like
    Running more than 3 phones on perk quiz causes you to run out of questions and the tons of downtime reduces total points unless you sit with them 24/7

Post Thanks / Like
    I take it this work on any device that is app capable?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes android and ios, for tablets there is a specific perk tv for tablet app

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Levi I have an extra phone and I already started this tonight. One question though they say you can only have 5 phones on one IP address. How do you get around that?

Thanks,
    Cory

Post Thanks / Like
    I have more than 5 per ip but it's 5 per app per person, they haven't removed points from me or anything so not sure. I'm just using it how everyone else is on reddit
    Last edited by Levi; 12-28-2014 at 01:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Please accept my invitation to join Perk! Use my code cf832848 and get 50 bonus points. http://perk.fm/5z0nk

Post Thanks / Like
    how do you deal with the popup? are you having to go monitor/check them every 2 hrs?
    Zack | Lakaikea

Post Thanks / Like
    No I installed the original version of the app that doesn't have the 2 hour pop up

Post Thanks / Like
    I downloaded the 1.2.8 apk by accessing it on the internet browser on my phone from here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_Ub...U5kcnFJTW4yUm8 . You may need to go into your phone, or tablets, security settings first and allow downloads from outside sources. Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like
    I got my 8 up and running. Thanks Levi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Administrator
    Diamond Mine Champion!
    Fruit Twirls Champion!
    Queen Jewel Champion!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got a new phone so I am going to set up my old one and when I make enough, buy a Levi special and double it and so on and so on....
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau

Wine is for wisdom, beer is for strength, but bourbon is the water of life.

The New glass 300 build
    http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showt...ighlight=ghost

Post Thanks / Like
    dang you didnt waste any time lol, nice Zip tie work! Thats how mine looks as well. How much are you making per day so far? it should be close to $12.50 or 12500 per 24 hours

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure I just set it all up at 3:30 so I'll update around that time tomorrow. I cleared out King supers and got the rewards for gas too. 500 each. It was so nice to see the gas pump read $1.25 for premium gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk