Thread: Ouch!!!! Share your story.

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch!!!! Share your story.

I added a Niger Trigger to my tank in May and things have been great. The fish never bothers any other fish or corals but every time I put my hand in my tank it tries to bite me! Yesterday I took my eyes off of it for a split-second and it came flying out of nowhere and drew blood! OUCH!!! Along with a few other explicits brought the wife and kids running thinking I had been stabbed by the Lion fish. Much to their relief it was the trigger but my finger was still bleeding! Has anybody had similar issues with their fish? This might be a fun story telling opportunity thread. I have included a few pics of the bully for your viewing pleasure.
    FYI feeding consists of a weekly variety with clam on the 1/2 shell, krill, silversides, pellets, and various greens.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

2. Likes GrassHoppa' liked this post
    Senior Member ShankStripedLyretail's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    He's gorgeous!

I used to be the victim of two very aggressive, territorial mocha clowns that owned my 30 hex. They're in the 180 now and not nearly as bad. All my other fish are wimps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kris | Stay with me, I'm scatter-brained! | Our Tanks

4. Likes maxthedog2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maxthedog2000 View Post
    I added a Niger Trigger to my tank in May and things have been great. The fish never bothers any other fish or corals but every time I put my hand in my tank it tries to bite me! Yesterday I took my eyes off of it for a split-second and it came flying out of nowhere and drew blood! OUCH!!! Along with a few other explicits brought the wife and kids running thinking I had been stabbed by the Lion fish. Much to their relief it was the trigger but my finger was still bleeding! Has anybody had similar issues with their fish? This might be a fun story telling opportunity thread. I have included a few pics of the bully for your viewing pleasure.
    FYI feeding consists of a weekly variety with clam on the 1/2 shell, krill, silversides, pellets, and various greens.

Now he has a taste for human blood that only daily sacrifices of flesh can cure...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Last time I checked my watch this was America!

New User

Post Thanks / Like
    Such a good looking fish! This made me laugh because I've got a ocellaris clown that thinks she's a piranha. Although she doesn't draw blood, it catches me off guard almost every time she bites and I can't help but jump ... and splash water. Next time that happens I'll be thinking "at least she's not that trigger" lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive got a pair of black and white "extreme misbar" clown fish who bite me as soon as my hands go into the tank. At first they used to used to just follow me around but recently the female decided i was a threat and now the male tries to impress her and be tough and bites me often. Once the female did it once he figured it was open season on me.. it doesnt hurt just startles me.. I had a large black and white female in my last tank that would draw blood every now and then..
    Operation Silent Ocean

65g Tall display w/internal coast to coast bean/durso overflow
    2 x AI Hydra 26 HD
    2 x PP-4 wavemakers (too small)
    29g Refugium
    Simplicity 120DC Skimmer
    Jeabo DCS-9000 return pump

8. Likes maxthedog2000, Ryan_Darilek liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the stories guys I love it. Keep em coming!!!!

10. Likes Ryan_Darilek liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maxthedog2000 View Post

I had two clowns that were super aggressive and territorial. Would attack and bite any chance they get. Both are now in a new home.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk