Thread: Tunze ATO

Post Thanks / Like

Tunze ATO

Now... Today has been pure dookie. For the second time now I've had a tunze nano ATO fail on me, this time in the running position. Lukily someone was home to find water leaking into the light fixture in the room below my little 5 gallon nano. I'm done with tunze, thing prolly dumped 4 gallons of water into my 5 gallon tank... Couldn't even read my salinity with a refracto, gonna have to tear out the ceiling in the room below....... Anyone have any recommendations on a nano ATO, aside from the aqua top one... Because I don't like my full size one...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Last time I checked my watch this was America!

2. Likes ddwmedic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That sucks. Always good to have a dual float system that will cut it off if it gets too high.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Kirby

My little slice of the ocean
    http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirblit View Post
    That sucks. Always good to have a dual float system that will cut it off if it gets too high.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    +1

I used the Tunze Nano in conjunction with the RKL float valve for shutting off if the water level is too high. It works great.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Public Relations Liasion

Post Thanks / Like
    Im not a fan of any manufactured ato units. I belive there is only two ways to do this correctly and even they aren't 100% perfect.

1. Gravity feed from a small ATO container to a float valve and ensure critters or algae cannot trap valve in the on position. Ensure that the ATO tank will not be able to flood your tank enough to dilute salitinity at a drastic rate if there is any possibility of it getting stuck. A small ATO tank based on your size of tank should be pretty easy to find.

2. Place a small ato tank on the floor (or countertop) with a very small pump that constantly forces water to the back of a float valve. The ato return line should have a t valve in it to stir the ATO water inside the resevoir and relieve pressure to the back of the tank/sump.

For your size tank, I would def recommend number one. I have had the same BRS adjustable float valve for my system for 5 years now and never had an issue with flooding my tank or house (I save the flooding for my other moments of pure stupidity).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by static reef View Post
    Im not a fan of any manufactured ato units. I belive there is only two ways to do this correctly and even they aren't 100% perfect.

1. Gravity feed from a small ATO container to a float valve and ensure critters or algae cannot trap valve in the on position. Ensure that the ATO tank will not be able to flood your tank enough to dilute salitinity at a drastic rate if there is any possibility of it getting stuck. A small ATO tank based on your size of tank should be pretty easy to find.

2. Place a small ato tank on the floor (or countertop) with a very small pump that constantly forces water to the back of a float valve. The ato return line should have a t valve in it to stir the ATO water inside the resevoir and relieve pressure to the back of the tank/sump.

For your size tank, I would def recommend number one. I have had the same BRS adjustable float valve for my system for 5 years now and never had an issue with flooding my tank or house (I save the flooding for my other moments of pure stupidity).
    Yeah, gonna be hard to gravity feed this guy given no sump and it sits on a nightstand. Maybe a shelf above for an ATO reservoir. I could always do the reefkeeper thing but the archon is overkill for this setup, would be like putting an apex on it haha. I think you need to come by and help me brainstorm something and what not.... Your mind works in weird ways and I wish to employ it...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Last time I checked my watch this was America!

7. Likes hooked liked this post
    Public Relations Liasion

Post Thanks / Like
    No problem. Hit me up this weekend