Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: KIRBLIT'S 300 Reef

Post Thanks / Like
    First FTS with the tank online! These are only the led and one set of t5. I had a couple minor leaks where unions were not quite tight, and I did discover a pretty dumb plumbing flaw... More on that tomorrow. Overall I'm extremely happy with my overflow design and my calculations for flow rates, drains ect seem to have been correct to easily push 50+gpm through the overflow. I will finish up the wiring tomorrow and start adding salt, so happy this is finally going. I will add more pics tomorrow too.

These are 2.5" holes for reference on the flows.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Kirby

My little slice of the ocean
    http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a lot of moving water! I'm interested in hearing what the plumbing flaw is.

I might have missed it, but what are you doing with your other tank once everything is transferred over to the new one?

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow so sweet!
    Congrats man...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't get much done today with playing around on apex fusion trying to learn the ropes lol. Taking forever to heat up too.... May need another 500w heater for an even 2000w.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    That's a lot of moving water! I'm interested in hearing what the plumbing flaw is.

I might have missed it, but what are you doing with your other tank once everything is transferred over to the new one?
    I don't know yet for sure. I'm definitely taking it down, but the wife may turn it into a dart frog setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddwmedic View Post
    Wow so sweet!
    Congrats man...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks!

Kirby

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking great. I have a new 800watt heater if you want it. Excited to see how this build comes together in the end. Good work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FunFishin24 View Post
    Looking great. I have a new 800watt heater if you want it. Excited to see how this build comes together in the end. Good work.
    Thanks! I'm trying to stay with 500w or less to be safe in case they don't shutdown and less amp draw on each one so I can spread the circuits around. Good news is it seems to be stable now around 78 on just one 500w heater running constantly for the most part. Makes me feel better about what my power bill will go up. I had over 2000w running for about a day straight with just 3 heaters and my return pump lol.

Kirby

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirblit View Post
    Thanks! I'm trying to stay with 500w or less to be safe in case they don't shutdown and less amp draw on each one so I can spread the circuits around. Good news is it seems to be stable now around 78 on just one 500w heater running constantly for the most part. Makes me feel better about what my power bill will go up. I had over 2000w running for about a day straight with just 3 heaters and my return pump lol.

I'm not sure if you know this, but you can program your Apex to give you a pretty good ball park figure on what your system is costing you in power to run. It does not handle the peak and off peak rates, but if you average them out you can plug that in and get pretty close.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    I'm not sure if you know this, but you can program your Apex to give you a pretty good ball park figure on what your system is costing you in power to run. It does not handle the peak and off peak rates, but if you average them out you can plug that in and get pretty close.
    Yes I saw that it will track some stuff on there like that. Is it just the new EB832 that will track it though? I have an EB4 with 2 heaters hooked to a Ranco as a backup and the other heater is on a new EB832.

Kirby