Thread: 28 Gallon Biocube

Master of the Universe

Post Thanks / Like

28 Gallon Biocube

So as of now I have a RBTA and green bubble tip with a pair of clowns. We are turning this into an anemone and clown tank. Could I add another pair of clowns? What other anemones would be good. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a pair of clowns that hate having another female clown in the tank with them. They beat her up constantly, so I had to move the second pair down to the sump. 10 feet doesn't give them enough separation apparently! That being said, I've seen tanks with tons of clowns all getting along.
    Don't look here for a comment.

Public Relations Liasion

Post Thanks / Like
    Agree with Joe. I wouldnt recommend an expensive pair of clowns for your second set just in case it doesnt go well. You could take the first pair out of the tank, change some rock work and then reintroduce the old with the new in your dt.

Recommend tube nem, rock nem and a small carpet nem with your BTAs.
    Last edited by static reef; 01-14-2017 at 01:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sweat044 View Post
    So as of now I have a RBTA and green bubble tip with a pair of clowns. We are turning this into an anemone and clown tank. Could I add another pair of clowns? What other anemones would be good. Any thoughts are appreciated.
    If you want more clowns you have to respect the harem. So the largest clown is the female (or will be), the next the male and then if you get a bunch of small ones they will be neuters. The female will pick on the neuters to keep them as such. A good way to do it is to remove the mated pair, change up everything in the tank, introduce the neuters and after a day or so reintroduce the pair. However, if the female starts killing the neuters you have to remove them or they'll be dead.

I'd stay with the BTA anemones and just get ones in different colors. I have one that is a brilliant green with purple tips that's beautiful as well as two standard greens and two rainbows (that are mostly orange).