Thread: Copper Band Butterfly and nems

Post Thanks / Like

Copper Band Butterfly and nems

I read that copperband butterflies may nip at feather dusters and nems. I never got one because I had some cocworms. Now I don't and I am considering getting one. For those of you who have had copperbands, did they bother your nems? I have bubble tips and several rock flower nems.
    Don't look here for a comment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Never had an issue keeping them with nems of the same variety. The trouble is getting one to adjust to aquarium life in general. Tough fish to get through the initial introduction to the tank, but when you get a resilient one that accepts food right away you should be good.

Cris up at aquatic art brings them in pretty often, and you can see them eat before purchasing.

3. Thanks Joe thanked you for this post
    Public Relations Liasion

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimG View Post
    Never had an issue keeping them with nems of the same variety. The trouble is getting one to adjust to aquarium life in general. Tough fish to get through the initial introduction to the tank, but when you get a resilient one that accepts food right away you should be good.

Cris up at aquatic art brings them in pretty often, and you can see them eat before purchasing.
    Plus 1

5. Likes Joe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have two both are w nems carpet and sunbusts, they have never bothered the nems. If u get one get some pe mysis to feed it.

7. Likes Joe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the input guys.
    Don't look here for a comment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very hard to get to adjust to a tank...you raise live food already so that will help...I have had some luck with buying live clams at the grocery (smallest ones I could pick out) to get them started

10. Thanks Joe thanked you for this post