Thread: Moving Biocube

Master of the Universe

Post Thanks / Like

Moving Biocube

Okay. So my daughter wants a tank in her room but has 0 patience. I'm thinking about moving the biocube I have running and putting it in her room. I've never moved an established tank. Can this be done without losing any Fish? Thoughts? Help?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Want to buy a 24 Gallon used one for her?

If not, you can do it without losing fish. I've moved several with no loss. Does it have much sand in it?
    Don't look here for a comment.

Master of the Universe

Post Thanks / Like
    It has some sand. If I didn't have so many tanks I would look at buying it from you

Post Thanks / Like
    Just drain the tank down super low before the move, try to disturb as little as possible, keep plenty of water on hand to do a big water change if you test high for ammonia or nitrates after you refill the tank

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Last time I checked my watch this was America!

Master of the Universe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by charleshardy5 View Post
    Just drain the tank down super low before the move, try to disturb as little as possible, keep plenty of water on hand to do a big water change if you test high for ammonia or nitrates after you refill the tank

Test for ammonia and nitrates? I don't think I own those tests. Maybe I should buy some. What's a good brand?

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol I always just used API

Last time I checked my watch this was America!

Post Thanks / Like
    You can take a water sample to Petco and they will test it for you for free.

I've done as Charles recommends. I also add some drops of prime, and some nitrifying bacteria to the tank when it add water back in. Have carbon going.

If you take a couple of days to clean the sand before the move, you can eliminate some issues: If you can vacuum the sand as a water change and do a small section each day, or stir the sand up in a section, then do a water change and run a filter, then do the same for a few days in a row, you can remove a lot of what would be stirred up and cause a problem when you move it.
    Don't look here for a comment.

8. Likes charleshardy5 liked this post
    New User

Post Thanks / Like
    I did it for me floors in the living room I just bought the moving circle sliders at home depot and slid it all the way to my room I'm gonna do the same to put it back I took about 60 % water out and almost all water from sump out

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk