Thread: Jebao RW-15 wavemaker issues

Post Thanks / Like

Jebao RW-15 wavemaker issues

Does anyone know how long the warranty on the Jebao RW-15 wave makers is good for? I got mine off amazon less than a year ago and it stopped working about 3 months ago. Is there anything I can do about it or am I stuck buying another one instead?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't believe Jebao has any type of warranty, of if they do you might have to ship the pump back to China which might cost the same as buying a new one. You can check with the company that you bought off from Amazon because they might provide some type of warranty for the product they sell but it is highly unlikely.

I have ran a few Jebao pumps and they are great pumps when they are working right and holding up. I have a few of them that fail within a few months. When this happened, first, I checked if the motor is still running or not in a couple ways. One is to listen for slight humming noise when plug in, or the other method would be using a pen to move the propeller slightly in the opposite direction, if you feel some resistant then the motor could still be functional. If the motor seems to be working, then I would try my best to take the pump apart as much as i can, without forcefully breaking parts, and give it a 50/50 vinegar/water bath for a few hours. Out of the few fail pumps, I was able to make two of them work again and while toss the rest away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Would you recommend replacing it with an EcoTech Marine VorTech MP10wQD or a Maxspect XF230 Gyre Generator Flow Pump

Post Thanks / Like
    My rw15 failed 3 months in and I had no warranty options. Ended up going with an mp10. I figured I'd spend the extra money for something with a better chance of lasting.

Sent from my LG-H901

5. Thanks ddwmedic thanked you for this post
    Likes ddwmedic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been through enough jabeo pumps that I won't buy anymore. Find a good deal on a used vortech.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

7. Likes Bpfish, ddwmedic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a Maxspect Gyre that was not good, and Ecotech MP pumps that were loud pieces of crap. I've had great luck with Jaebo overall. Right now I have Neptune WAV and they are quieter and seem to be more reliable than anything else I've had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't look here for a comment.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll have to check them out...
    That would mean I have to purchase a controller (Apex)... and I've already blown the budget LOL

SCMAS President

Post Thanks / Like
    I buy tunze pumps. Never had one go bad 7 yrs running now. If you can afford them, you can't go wrong.
    Doyle

"It's better to be silent and thought the fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

90g sps Reef, DIY LED Lighting.
    180g Reef - rebirth started Jan 2013
    260g Coral Propagation System.

Go dtí go bhfilleann sé abhaile!

11. Likes ddwmedic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ddwmedic View Post
    I'll have to check them out...
    That would mean I have to purchase a controller (Apex)... and I've already blown the budget LOL
    Budget? Is there such a thing when you are in this hobby? LOL

Carter

13. Likes hooked , ddwmedic liked this post