Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My 300DD with basement build - so it begins ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreat01 View Post
    I really love the concept and the consistency from this. What type of calcium reactor and masterflex do you recommend? Any specific tubing you would consider to make this better? Again, this is awesome and thank you for breaking it down so that it it easier to understand.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    I really don't have a preference for calcium reactor to recommend. I have only used 2 calcium reactors: one is a DYI and the other is a Vertex branch which both seem to provide consistent results. I would recommend to get one that big enough for your tank, about 50-100 gallon bigger than the manufacturer recommend size. Add a second chamber to your calcium reactor or get one with dual chamber that way your tank PH won't drop too low. It would be easier for you to deal with the tank PH with a dual chamber reactor.

As for the Masterflex pump, I have only used the one posted in my thread, so i don't have much to go on. For that one, it will take a little bit of tinker around with the get the desired effluent rate. This is fine for me since i only need to tinker with the rate every 6 months or so. Now, if you constantly going on a corals buying spree, then you will need to adjust the calcium to match your tank uptake. Or if the corals in your tank mysteriously die off for no apparent reason (happened more than I like to admit), you will also need to adjust your calcium reactor accordingly. The original thread on RC provides more info on different types of Masterflex pump model and compatible tubing. I would recommend to buy one that let you specify the effluent rate instead of using knobs just so it allows you to tinker around with ease. When i got my pump, i constantly stake out Ebay, RR and RC for one. You'll be surprised to find some very nice set up for sale at very decent price, but they do not come around often.

2. Likes Murfman liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Reefkoi View Post
    Looks like it’s going to be a great system!!
    Thank you! keep learning as I go