Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Hanging box led lights

  1. #1
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like

    Hanging box led lights

    I'm hoping that some one can help me out with some ideas on hanging lights. Photos help a lot haha.

    I bought a pair of led lights off of the facebook page earlier this month and have been trying to decide on how to hang the lights with no luck. I was hoping that you guys could help me put with some ideas from what has been done that worked and didn't work. I can fab something up just don't really know where to start.

    Also what is a good distance from the top of the tank to have the set at?

    Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Hard to find corals.. the haj's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Southern Colorado
    Posts
    873
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chris has some awesome light holders, you might have to message him he is currently in the grow out phase on his coral farm. But here is an link to his website, one of the best guys around, hopefully this helps you or gives you some ideas. http://reefkoi.com/index.php?main_pa...e995f24286072c

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by the haj View Post
    Chris has some awesome light holders, you might have to message him he is currently in the grow out phase on his coral farm. But here is an link to his website, one of the best guys around, hopefully this helps you or gives you some ideas. http://reefkoi.com/index.php?main_pa...e995f24286072c
    Awesome thank you ma'am ill look into his work


    Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Registered User turbojoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Pueblo, CO
    Posts
    185
    Post Thanks / Like


    Conduit can be cheap and easy. I plan to paint it black...

    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojoe View Post


    Conduit can be cheap and easy. I plan to paint it black...

    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    That looks simple yet very effective. How sturdy is it?

    Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Senior Member Hydroid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Calhan
    Posts
    301
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with conduit I love how mine turned out. Cheap and sturdy


  7. #7
    Registered User turbojoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Pueblo, CO
    Posts
    185
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlidingYeti View Post
    That looks simple yet very effective. How sturdy is it?

    Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk
    It's not going anywhere, that's for sure. It was pretty pricey though. I think I spent close to $5!

  8. #8
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojoe View Post
    It's not going anywhere, that's for sure. It was pretty pricey though. I think I spent close to $5!
    Oh man I was hoping to spend less then that. Ill look into using that material or I was going to use some left over material from the last jeep bumper I built. How did you attach it to the back of the tank? I failed to mention my tank is about a foot from the wall on the back and sides.

    Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Registered User turbojoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Pueblo, CO
    Posts
    185
    Post Thanks / Like
    They sell brackets specifically for the conduit. I drained half the water and turned the tank so I could drill and put the screws in.



    Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    217
    Post Thanks / Like
    I ended up ceiling mounting mine, think I'm going to work on a cover/hood of some sort down the line though for aesthetics.


  11. #11
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by esmith View Post
    I ended up ceiling mounting mine, think I'm going to work on a cover/hood of some sort down the line though for aesthetics.

    Looks good I am just trying not to have all that above the tank. I really like your tank set up.

    Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    217
    Post Thanks / Like
    My wife isn't a fan of looking at the lights. I'm thinking of making a light weight top/screen combo to rest on top of the tank and cover up the lights/wiring, so you'd just see the cables from the ceiling. Those are relatively unnoticeable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •