Thread: Condi help, and clown infection

Post Thanks / Like

Condi help, and clown infection

I I ended up putting my condi in my quarantine tank a few days ago and today I picked up a new fish which of course I placed in the quarantine tank. After I place the new fish in the tank I added mediflex according to the tank size. Within 10 to 15 minutes the anemone turned inside out and it's mouth was all ballooned up. Now it looks really bad

Did I just kill my anemone?
    I did a quick water change in hopes it isn't to late to save it.

Also my tomato clown had two blister looking lesions on its side about a month-and-a-half ago. They seem to have gone away but then she developed this spreading I don't even know what to call it. It's not raised and fuzzy like a fungus and it doesn't seem to be affecting her she's eating and acting normally but it almost looks like her skin is faded to a grey color. I caught the best picture I could hopefully you can give me an idea what it is. I am currently treating the tank.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    most meds are not coral or nem safe may have killed it most likely. sounds like you may want to put the clown in the quarantine tank and treat for a bacteria infection and maybe a fungus just to be on the safe side ?? don't forget to remove the carbon while treating hope this helps

3. Likes maxthedog2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The blisters on the clown are probably from its attempts to pair with the anemone. The anemone you have is an Atlantic species. It is not a clown hosting anemone and may eat your clowns.

As for the anemone I would do a big like 50%+ water change. I would also run carbon. Larry is right fish meds typically aren't safe for inverts.
    Charter member of SCMAS

Post Thanks / Like
    I treated the big tank with it and the nems are fine with it. I wonder why the condi acted the way it did when the others didn't at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    how is your nem and clown ??

7. Likes maxthedog2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    seems to be happy now.

The clown will probably take a lot longer to heal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by morrisjtja View Post
    seems to be happy now.

The clown will probably take a lot longer to heal.

Good to see that. Does your clown hosts that Condi normally? My wife saw a purple tip Condi yesterday and just had to have it lol I gotta find 2 clowns to hosts my now 2 nems. In my reading seems that clowns don't host Condi's well?

Carter

Post Thanks / Like
    It did for awhile, but condis aren't usually hosted by anything their sting is strong for most fish and can kill corals. They can also kill other nems. They are movers and can eat your fish as well even though it's rare.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by morrisjtja View Post
    It did for awhile, but condis aren't usually hosted by anything their sting is strong for most fish and can kill corals. They can also kill other nems. They are movers and can eat your fish as well even though it's rare.

Yeah that's what I was leaning, I figured I'll keep it for now and maybe see if it can go in a FOWLR tank when I get it setup or give it away later when it starts causing problems.

Carter

Post Thanks / Like
    I put the clown in my quarantine tank and was able to get some decent pics

I'm thinking this looks like a big abrasion. Is it possible she got a cut and the nem sting was making it worse? Anyways she is by herself with no rock and I am RE medicating the tank.