Thread: Raspberry Pi

Post Thanks / Like

Raspberry Pi

Do any of you who are on the tech savvy side have any experience using a Raspberry Pi?

I'm thinking they might be a good/fun way to create a controller for your system. My understanding is that they can be programmed easily. I'm contemplating the purchase of one and trying to make it a control/monitoring/automation device. I'm thinking it could be programmed to run lighting, circulation pumps, ato, high/low water levels and temps, if possible recognize a sensor probe for pH or the like. I know they can be WI-FI and can have a camera ect meaning you may even be able to view/monitor/control from your phone remotely. With a camera application you could even view your system remotely. I dunno just thoughts and questions.

Anybody with experience with Raspberry Pi or creating their own monitoring/control system?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I've taken programming classes and I had to in school I hated it but I do know a little bit of coding I'm still going to school so if you need any help with your code and it's not working I might be able to ask my teachers or look over it and see something you might not be

Sent from the world of 100110

3. Thanks maxthedog2000 thanked you for this post
    Likes maxthedog2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The Pi is a better choice compared to the atmega. You can even run Android on it as well as Linux which is Android based. But to get your head into the programming side of things start with an arduino. Learn basics and move up from there. Am still working on a touchscreen controller based off of Stilo but have side lined it for an M3 Cortex....lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
     photo 1_zps371d357a.jpg

5. Likes Levi liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm late to the show on this but do a Google search for jayfish it's a worm in progress but the basics are there. Pi based reef control.

Sent from my LG-H901

7. Thanks maxthedog2000 thanked you for this post
    Likes maxthedog2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bpfish View Post
    I'm late to the show on this but do a Google search for jayfish it's a worm in progress but the basics are there. Pi based reef control.

Sent from my LG-H901
    Looks interesting might give it a try

Carter