Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3D wall

Post Thanks / Like
    Decided to mess around with one wall this afternoon. Let me tell ya, it's not as easy as it may look. I decided to add sand on top of the wet foam to see if it would stick. 95% of it stuck to the foam. My garage and myself are a mess. I will be peeling foam off my hands for days lol. How does it look? I know the foam is 100% aquarium safe and the sand is from the bag I bought for the tank, do you think I could pop it in the tank once it cures or buy the sealant?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Public Relations Liasion

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great

Post Thanks / Like
    Got the plumbing put in tonight all while my back was spasming but just breathed through the pain and got it done. Tomorrow I get to pull it out and glue what needs to be glued and then on Sat go get the three ball valves I need and put them in. Hopefully I can get the other overflow covers done on Sat too then I can start to cycle it next week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by morrisjtja View Post
    Got the plumbing put in tonight all while my back was spasming but just breathed through the pain and got it done. Tomorrow I get to pull it out and glue what needs to be glued and then on Sat go get the three ball valves I need and put them in. Hopefully I can get the other overflow covers done on Sat too then I can start to cycle it next week.

this looks amazing! You did a great job. Did you see how Joe took an icepick and dug out some of the "bubbles" to create caves? It looks awesome and fish actually use the caves.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! No I havent seen it but I will take a look :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Got the walls installed tonight. Not as pretty as I wanted but I think it's pretty good for the first time. Got one more little adapter to get tomorrow from Lowe's before the "big" snow storm hits. I will let the silicone and foam cure till Wednesday then I will move it back into its corner and fill it up and let it cycle.

7. Likes static reef, Levi liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good!

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, it'll look a lot nicer once everything is in :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Well after many hours of fighting with the plumbing I have come to the conclusion that the stand is just to small to hold the sump. I barely have 2-3 inches between the top of the sump and the stand and I will have one neck of a time trying to clean the skimmer since it sits maybe an inch shy of the bottom of the tank. SO, we've decided to scratch this tank, sell it and buy a bigger tank.

11. Likes static reef, Levi liked this post