Thread: Die off

Post Thanks / Like

Die off

So I added water to my tank and everything but the shrimp and starfish died. I let it circulate tested it a few days later parameters are fine. Added fish they died over night. Not sure what is wrong. Tank is clear. Only one fish has survived and it is a original chromis from the first fish. Do I drain and start fresh? I'm confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Give us a little info. Tank setup what equipment are you using how long has it been set up. What is it stocked with and how long have your critters been in the tank. What are you testing with and where are you getting your water. Are you using any additives etc...

3. Likes Sharkboy99999 liked this post
    Site Administrator
    Diamond Mine Champion!
    Fruit Twirls Champion!
    Queen Jewel Champion!

Post Thanks / Like
    What to you mean you added water? Did you add saltwater to a tank that had evaporated? If so, check salinity in the tank and you will probably find that it is way too high. If you have been doing this all a long, salinity is way off the charts.
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau

Wine is for wisdom, beer is for strength, but bourbon is the water of life.

The New glass 300 build
    http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showt...ighlight=ghost

5. Thanks Jdiaz0926 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murfman View Post
    What to you mean you added water? Did you add saltwater to a tank that had evaporated? If so, check salinity in the tank and you will probably find that it is way too high. If you have been doing this all a long, salinity is way off the charts.
    Water had evaporated. It was the first time i had added more saltwater since the tank was set up. I'm certain it was that. Because everything was perfect in the tank before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Still confused. Did you add saltwater or ro water? Evaporated water leaves the salt behind therefore top off always should be fresh. Common mistakes for new reefers.

8. Likes Levi liked this post