Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something new

Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone arguing when I've already pointed out what they were. THX for playing
    Coral Xpressions
    coralxpressions@hotmail.com
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...45044298939508

When all else fails, kick it, smack it then throw it out the wndow and start over

Post Thanks / Like
    I disagree with both of you on your opinions on the differences in nasarius snail. I have personally watched mine mate joke2.jpg and THESE are the eggs that they produced, joke1.jpg I personally watched the mother guard the eggs joke.jpg , and when they hatched, they look kinda weird, joke3.jpg but then they blossomed into something amazing joke4.jpg

The experience of watching this whole process can change your life, it's amazing! These photos that I took personally are a perfect example of how many eggs can look so similar, yet be so different. I mean, these eggs look EXACTLY like the ones in Joe's photos, but who knows what they could end up as? I've seen unicorns hatch as well, with very similar eggs.
    LEARNING SALTWATER ONE "CRASH" AT A TIME

3. Likes Redneck_Reefer, charleshardy5, Joe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We used to hunt these guys in Wyoming when I was a kid

The Dude abides

5. Likes Joe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The in famous jackelope
    Coral Xpressions
    coralxpressions@hotmail.com
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...45044298939508

When all else fails, kick it, smack it then throw it out the wndow and start over

Post Thanks / Like
    Taste very good fried

The Dude abides

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkboy99999 View Post
    I've read books smaller then this.......
    I recognized the tone in the first paragraph as it was written by Ron Shimek. He and Eric Borneman (the other referenced author/expert) were the two experts who helped me along in my early days in the hobby back in the 90's. Both are incredible experts in their fields and were always a lot of fun at conferences. Sadly I don't think either of them are vocal in the hobby anymore due to the constant bickering and backstabbing.

Back then there was a lot of arguing over concepts such as whether worms are good for your sand bed, whether corals should be fed, etc. I once saw a hobbyist stand up at a conference and insult all the speakers on a panel because he didn't believe corals didn't need to be fed. The counter argument (by the panelists) was that "form follows function" so if it has a mouth there's probably a reason.

It seems anytime someone publishes anything someone has to come along, thump their chest and try to discredit the author in an attempt to make themselves appear to be the greater expert. Thankfully the hobby seems to have calmed a bit over the years and while there are still frequent little squabbles it's generally due more to the written word inciting misunderstandings than to arguments over what's better -- a skimmer or an algae scrubber or whether VHO was better than Metal Halides.

Ahhh, those were the days -- and I'm glad they're mostly gone!
    Last edited by scrumpto; 02-08-2016 at 03:49 AM.

9. Likes Joe liked this post