Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In need

Post Thanks / Like

In need

Hello all,
    I AM IN NEED OF A BRYOPSIS EATING SEA SLUG THINGY!
    Does anyone have one that might possibly be hungry?
    Pretty please?

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Site Administrator
    Diamond Mine Champion!
    Fruit Twirls Champion!
    Queen Jewel Champion!

Post Thanks / Like
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau

Wine is for wisdom, beer is for strength, but bourbon is the water of life.

The New glass 300 build
    http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showt...ighlight=ghost

Post Thanks / Like
    What size tank? Lettuce nudis are awesome, but for a quick fix I would dump turbo snails and emerald crabs in. They'll clean like no tomorrow. Let me know what size tank. You can shoot me a text too 503-784-5059

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NightStar View Post
    What size tank? Lettuce nudis are awesome, but for a quick fix I would dump turbo snails and emerald crabs in. They'll clean like no tomorrow. Let me know what size tank. You can shoot me a text too 503-784-5059
    No turbo snails or emerald crabs for the specific tank she is talking about. Can you get either the red lettuce nudi or a sea slug that is the ugly spiky kind not the smooth kind? This is what I want in the tank to help clean it up without risking anything else in the tank.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    No turbo snails or emerald crabs for the specific tank she is talking about. Can you get either the red lettuce nudi or a sea slug that is the ugly spiky kind not the smooth kind? This is what I want in the tank to help clean it up without risking anything else in the tank.
    Why? I keep turbos and emeralds in all my tanks, with all my designer corals. I can get lettuce, but not before next week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why? I keep turbos and emeralds in all my tanks, with all my designer corals. I can get lettuce, but not before next week.
    Turbos fall and die in the worst places, emeralds are opportunistic feeders and will basically eat anything they can if it is available. I just dont want to take the risk with what is in that tank. The bryopsis can go another week and will be fine. I will check with Amber tonight after I get off of work just to make sure, obviously it is her call ultimately but my recommendation is to wait for the sea slug / nudis

7. Likes Coral Xpressions liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Turbos and emeralds won't eat bryopsis. That's y. Foxfaces or lettuce nudis are the way to go. Lettuce nudis are sensitive and delicate. Def don't add more turbos for a problem they won't fix
    Coral Xpressions
    coralxpressions@hotmail.com
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...45044298939508

When all else fails, kick it, smack it then throw it out the wndow and start over

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by statics' wife View Post
    Hello all,
    I AM IN NEED OF A BRYOPSIS EATING SEA SLUG THINGY!
    Does anyone have one that might possibly be hungry?
    Pretty please?

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
    Does anyone in the club have one in their tanks that is done doing it's work and needs a new assignment for a few weeks?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    As much as I normally don't say this, hit up north petco and see if there are any Foxfaces in. Mine use to get rotated thru all 6 tanks and cleaned them of all algea for months repeatedly until his ultimate demise. Emeralds will eventually turn on other stuff and we all know how jj loves his expensive stuff.

Have levi def bump mag up to 1500 and you'll need to manually remove as much as possible by hand to get process started
    Coral Xpressions

When all else fails, kick it, smack it then throw it out the wndow and start over

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Coral Xpressions View Post
    Turbos and emeralds won't eat bryopsis. That's y. Foxfaces or lettuce nudis are the way to go. Lettuce nudis are sensitive and delicate. Def don't add more turbos for a problem they won't fix
    They will eat it, actually. But it's Amber's call. I keep emeralds in with all my tanks, including all the designer Zoas. I wouldn't introduce a new fish without quarantine first.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok. If they did then the millions who battle bryopsis would simply add them for only 5 eaxh instead of wasting money on Kent tech mag and all the other ways that actually do
    Coral Xpressions

Post Thanks / Like
    And tons of us have petco fish in our systems. JJ will perpetually have ich in his system so adding a fish won't hurt as bad as the byropsis
    Coral Xpressions

Post Thanks / Like
    No two emeralds are alike. Emeralds are famous for bubble algae but I have heard numerous stories of people getting them for a bubble algae issue and have none of them actually do anything to help. I'd just rather be safe than sorry and is the same reason a foxface will not be going into the tank.

Last edited by Levi; 11-05-2015 at 04:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok. If they did then the millions who battle bryopsis would simply add them for only 5 eaxh instead of wasting money on Kent tech mag and all the other ways that actually do
    If peppermints worked for aptasia wouldn't the millions who battle aptasia just throw in a few $3 peps instead of spending money on lasers and aptasia X?

16. Likes Coral Xpressions liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    No two emeralds are alike. Emeralds are famous for bubble algae but I have heard numerous stories of people getting them for a bubble algae issue and have none of them actually do anything to help. I'd just rather be safe than sorry and is the same reason a foxface will not be going into the tank.

So there's nothing currently in the tank that eats algae?

Post Thanks / Like
    If peppermints worked for aptasia wouldn't the millions who battle aptasia just throw in a few $3 peps instead of spending money on lasers and aptasia X?
    And they do, why do you think when ppl get aptasia they call me for my expert peps. Some people don't know about them or are likewise confused on other "supposed" ways to battle it and or get sold the wrong peps. I enjoying educating facts and proven ways like with a fox of lettuce nudis in lieu of possible ways or chemical ways. Just my thought process on saving money and effectiveness
    Coral Xpressions

Post Thanks / Like
    the tank I'm tracking that the issue is In doesn't have cuc in it no. But tossing a fox in said tank would be fine as there are no any zoas in it, last I heard anyways
    Coral Xpressions

Post Thanks / Like
    My foxface died a couple weeks ago and a week later i started to notice some bryopsis for the first time ever. Luckily he never messed with any corals. Johnathan are you doing any fish orders in the near future.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a few snails

Post Thanks / Like
    the tank I'm tracking that the issue is In doesn't have cuc in it no. But tossing a fox in said tank would be fine as there are no any zoas in it, last I heard anyways
    There are zoas in the tank as well as two sunburst nems and some designer sponges.