Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AI Hydra 26 vs Kessil A360WE

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydroid View Post
    Sorry if this is a little off topic but I've been having trouble deciding between these two brands for my 2'x2' frag tank project
    Considering AI prime / kessil a150(price)/a160 (control)
    Prime has a built in controller that has all sorts of cool features and you still have to buy the hanging kit or the mount kit for it. Prime is a joint venture light bringing out the best from EcoTech and AI technologies.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchestercity View Post
    Rich I read that the ai had a pink tint to their color. I don't have the ai but do have two kessils and I can say there is no pink at all.
    I'm surprised that anyone would say that. It's more of a purple-ish tone that can be tuned out depending on which spectrums you're running. If you like running the red sprectrum, obviously the light could come in slightly purple tinted because of the blues. I've had the Kessil and the AI on together just because I don't have a controller to turn on the Kessil, yet. I can say that, for a fact, the settings that I had my AI set to are more purple compared to the Kessil. Although, it's something that I never noticed before because the Kessil is extremely aqua blue compared to the deep blue and royal blue coloring of the AI. Once I adjusted the settings on the AI I got it to a pretty close match.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    AWESOME so the hydra 26 could be your fully controllable thunderstorm fuge light?
    LOL... If I ran a fuge, yes. Although, the wife says I need to sell it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydroid View Post
    Sorry if this is a little off topic but I've been having trouble deciding between these two brands for my 2'x2' frag tank project
    Considering AI prime / kessil a150(price)/a160 (control)
    Totally not off topic while we're on the subject of the 2 brands. Both lights will be able to reach the recommended depths for the size of that tank. I'm just on a quest to see which light actually grows/sustains corals better (for me).

The AI Prime is a great unit that has everything you need built in for a good price. You would need to figure out a mounting solution if you don't purchase one of the ones from AI.

The Kessil is also a great unit, but does not have built in features since it has been on the market longer than the AI Prime, but is left with the ability to be linked to existing systems like the Apex if you run one (I don't... but I will in the future), or the Kessil spectral controller.

Between the 2 lights, I would go for what you want to run in the long term based upon these factors:

1.) Price overall
    2.) Customer service (great from both companies)
    3.) The look that YOU want from the light itself and the body of the light.

Both lights will grow corals in that tank. I know that all of what I've said will not help you make a decision, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Give me suggestions on what you want me to list in comparison, everyone. I want to compile as much information into this thread as possible between the 2 lights to help people out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Give me suggestions on what you want me to list in comparison, everyone. I want to compile as much information into this thread as possible between the 2 lights to help people out.
    how much heat does each unit generate? Is one more quiet than the other? when you get the controller, how adjustable are the spectrums on the kessil vs adjustable on the hydra? Overall how aesthetically pleasing are the two units and which one do you feel "looks" better over the tank? any odd ball differences that were disappointing on either unit? (something like a short power cord that just made positioning difficult?) any odd ball differences that were pleasant surprises on either unit?

7. Thanks Rich thanked you for this post
    Likes Sharkboy99999 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I have 2 already. I just need goosenecks and a controller for them.
    Rich hit me up
    I will be selling both

The Dude abides

9. Likes Rich liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck_Reefer View Post
    Rich hit me up
    I will be selling both

The Dude abides
    Finally upgrade to an apex?

11. Likes Rich liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep

The Dude abides

13. Likes Levi, Rich liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome man, when is the meeting at your place

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    how much heat does each unit generate? Is one more quiet than the other? when you get the controller, how adjustable are the spectrums on the kessil vs adjustable on the hydra? Overall how aesthetically pleasing are the two units and which one do you feel "looks" better over the tank? any odd ball differences that were disappointing on either unit? (something like a short power cord that just made positioning difficult?) any odd ball differences that were pleasant surprises on either unit?
    Killing it with the suggestions, man. Thank you. I already added the aesthetics portion, but I'll expand on it. I wasn't sure if anybody really cared.

16. Likes Levi liked this post