Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 150 Gallon Livestock

Public Relations Liasion

Post Thanks / Like
    Pics?

The lights shouldnt be the #1 contributing factor for your corals growth. Thousands of people use cheap lights with beautiful tanks. Just keep your low light corals on the cheap side and your high intensity light corals under the 26 until you get another. Let the acclimation process take its course and be patient.

I dont hand/spot feed my corals in the tank out of laziness. I do broadcast feed the tanks when i remember (mostly with some form of phyto)

Mostly my corals feed when i feed my fish because i do not rinse my frozen food when the fish eat (not sure if this is laziness or it makes since TBH)

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Rich thanked you for this post
    Likes Bozo Clownfish liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Trying to figure out how to take pics without the blue lights blowing out everything and making all of my fish hide in fear. Any suggestions?

Shoot in Raw format, use Rawtherapee free software and adjust that way ;-)
    Last edited by Murfman; 10-13-2015 at 10:52 AM.

Just_Tim
    Get a pair of yellow safety glasses and hold your camera lens behind it while your shooting.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

5. Likes Rich liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Your fish should get used to it. Mine like to photobomb even when I have my lens in the water. Also try turning your whites on but dimming down to the lowest setting. It helps a lot. You can play with how high the whites are for pictures until you like the look.

7. Likes Rich liked this post
    Site Administrator
    Diamond Mine Champion!
    Fruit Twirls Champion!
    Queen Jewel Champion!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Trying to figure out how to take pics without the blue lights blowing out everything and making all of my fish hide in fear. Any suggestions?
    Shoot in Raw format, use Rawtherapee free software and adjust that way ;-)
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau

Wine is for wisdom, beer is for strength, but bourbon is the water of life.

The New glass 300 build
    http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showt...ighlight=ghost

9. Likes Rich liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll try that tonight. Then you guys can see my 1 good lighted side with the AI 26, and the **** lighted side with my cheapo LED from the freshwater... LOL.
    It looks mostly empty since it's a 150g Tall and I only put in 80lbs of rock. Plus, my corals that filled the 29g barely do anything in the 150g. I need more...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I'll try that tonight. Then you guys can see my 1 good lighted side with the AI 26, and the **** lighted side with my cheapo LED from the freshwater... LOL.
    It looks mostly empty since it's a 150g Tall and I only put in 80lbs of rock. Plus, my corals that filled the 29g barely do anything in the 150g. I need more...
    Fragtoberfest!! Best coral shopping options around!

I was going to say don't knock the blackbox leds as I've found they can work well, but if they're from a freshwater tank the spectrums are most likely way off for a reef. I would recommend switching it out asap.

12. Likes Levi, Rich liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NightStar View Post
    Fragtoberfest!! Best coral shopping options around!

I was going to say don't knock the blackbox leds as I've found they can work well, but if they're from a freshwater tank the spectrums are most likely way off for a reef. I would recommend switching it out asap.
    They are way off. That's why there are only shrooms on that side of the tank. LOL. They don't like it very much, though. I don't have the money to purchase a light for that side... I want another AI hydra 26 just to match the other side. I was thinking about switching to Kessil A360-W, though. Then I saw the price of those and shut that down immediately.

Post Thanks / Like
    best bet is to sell the hydra 26 and get 2-3 of the chinese ebay Marsaqua lights, way more output and will actually allow you to keep corals alive. At 31" deep the hydra 26 is WAY WAY underpowered. If you get a 3 pack of the marsaqua lights they are usually like 70 each and I am sure you could get 150-200 for the hydra 26. Unfortunate that the new HD models came out and that the price went down sharply on they original hydra 26/52 models.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't say sharply. They're $269 now. I think for now I'll throw some T5's over the tank just to get some light going.

Post Thanks / Like