Thread: Homebrew

Post Thanks / Like

Homebrew

I've been home brewing my own beer for about 3 years. I haven't jumped into kegging just yet, but that will be happening soon because it's a PITA to bottle 5 gallons at a time. I recently started doing ciders as well. Right now, I have a white ale that I'll probably bottle this weekend along with a berry cider (mostly raspberry) that might be ready to bottle too. Once bottled, they'll be ready to drink in about 7 days.
    Jeremy & Katy ~ JayBe & KayBe
    It's not an addiction... it's a cure to extra money plaguing our bank accounts.

Just_Tim
    Very cool man. I homebrewed for 10 years, all whole grain and mostly German ales.

3. Likes PuD liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice! I haven't ventured into all grain for myself yet, so for now I do partials. I help out a JAKs brewing out here in Falcon and it's all grain there. I'm looking forward to brewing on their 5 barrel system that they've got coming in soon.

Just_Tim
    All grain isn't difficult. Just takes a very large boil pot. I didn't know there was a brewer in falcon. You must elaborate.

Post Thanks / Like
    They're new. They just opened a couple months ago and, currently, they're only open Fri-Sun. Once they get the new system installed, they'll expand their hours. They are in the little shopping strip next to Sonic. It used to be some coffee place. They have several food trucks that come out serve food. Rocky Mountain BBQ, Crepe Caper and Vladi's are the most common. It's a small place, but the owners and workers are awesome! They've got a good variety of beers and they even have a few sodas on tap as well.

7. Likes N/A liked this post