Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 75 gal fowlr stock! Need help

New User

Post Thanks / Like
    That's what I was wanting to do. It is young. All my stuff from my tank though came from a well established tank. Which livestock would you recommend me putting in my tank first

New User

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again for all your input. Sorry for all the questions though. I don't want to get this wrong. Still learning. I would like your recommendation for what fish I should introduce to my tank first

New User

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey everyone so I just wanted to do a quick update on my stock listing for my tank. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    -coral beauty angelfish
    -blenny?? Any particular one in mind. That would help
    -sunset butterfly fish
    -pair of cinnamon clowns??not sure if they would be compatible
    -one-spot foxface
    -long-nose hawkfish
    -tomini tang
    -leopard wrasse
    -chalk bass.
    Please let me know what you think with any suggestions

Senior Member ShankStripedLyretail's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hey Derick, your list looks fine. Are you planning on keeping corals or clams? Some of these guys can be nippy.

The chalk bass, blenny, clowns and hawkfish could be added early on. You may want to watch for compatibility issues with the blenny and hawk as they inhabit the same niche in a tank.

The angel, butterfly and leopard wrasse will need mature rock so they can feed naturally. You'll probably want to start seeding your tank with pods. These three are more peaceful and will need to establish themselves before the bigger herbivores. I would add the leopard, butterfly, then angel.

The tang and the fox face would be best added last as they can be pushy.

Lots of rock work caves and providing nori/macros for grazing can mitigate aggression and give everyone a territory.

Kris
    Kris | Stay with me, I'm scatter-brained! | Our Tanks