Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 150 gallon build

Post Thanks / Like

150 gallon build

Picked tank up from amphispur on the forum.
    Sanded and repainted stand. Added a wood skin to help strengthen and give me something to attach final wood to later. Also reworked 75 gallon sump. Put in two bubble traps and holders for two socks.
    Drilled multiple holes in tank to add a second overflow and to run return lines.
    Put a 10 gallon tank on top of sump for a refugium. Also drilled sump for water changes so I can drain all chambers. Sump also drilled to attach uv sterilizer. ATO also added.
    Return pump is a jebao dc pump. I use it to run the sterilizer, refugium, and for water changes.
    For the drain I used a couple of gate valves. Also put in an emergency overflow.
    Filled with fresh water to check for any leaks. Luckily didn't have any so started to transfer.
    This is close to the finished project. Have to finish stand and hood. Also I will be adding 1 more light. This is only my second attempt at building a saltwater tank so if I missed or should've done something different please let me know.
    Forgot to add that the protein skimmer is a reef octopus. The heater are also two 500 watt reef octopus controlled by a Ranco temperature controller. The lights are two 165 watt leds which I will be adding 1 more. Thanks for any input.

Site Administrator
    Diamond Mine Champion!
    Fruit Twirls Champion!
    Queen Jewel Champion!

Post Thanks / Like
    Might want to turn the J downward in the Durso standpipes. Makes it quieter flow. Looks real nice and a solid build!
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau

Wine is for wisdom, beer is for strength, but bourbon is the water of life.

The New glass 300 build
    http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showt...ighlight=ghost

Post Thanks / Like
    The 1 that's turned up is the emergency overflow and because of space restrictions I had to turn it up. There is two drains on one side. One can't be seen under the other. Thanks for the input.

SCMAS President

Post Thanks / Like
    Off to a great start. Following along.
    Doyle

"It's better to be silent and thought the fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

90g sps Reef, DIY LED Lighting.
    180g Reef - rebirth started Jan 2013
    260g Coral Propagation System.

Go dtí go bhfilleann sé abhaile!

Just_Tim
    Got to see this in person last weekend. Very well thought out sump and ball valves. Great work.

I am America and So can You

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking really good. Is the blue hose running into the filter sock for noise reduction?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the compliments everyone. And I also forgot to thank my family for all the help. My dad and sons who helped me move it. My wife and daughter who helped with the smaller details. Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    The drains are all running into separate socks. Couldn't get a good picture of them all together. Three drains in total. 1 1/2", 1", and the emergency is 1 1/2". The 1" is mostly so the water doesn't stagnate on that side.

Public Relations Liasion

Post Thanks / Like
    Man you have been holding a tank build on us. Looks great. Following along. Stocking ideas?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Partially stocked from previous tank. Right now have a monti, some polyps, zoas, hammer, mushrooms, kenya trees and xenia. Most came from members of the group. Nothing out of the ordinary yet. Fish include foxface, blenny, clowns, coral beauty, rainbow bta and a wrasse. No other ideas on other coral yet. Will just stock it slowly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Little bit of an update on build. Have been building a stand. Added in a frag tank and larger refugium. Just need to finish staining and do a little plumbing to tie new tanks in. Thanks to my wife and kids for helping me do this.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Refugium is a 55 gallon tall that I'm going to display. Was able to drill it for drain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also have plenty of storage space now.

Just_Tim
    Very nice. I see filter socks hanging there. How'd you do that. I only ask because I built a rack to hold filter socks also.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I had some corner guards that I just screwed to some wood.

Public Relations Liasion

Post Thanks / Like
    I LOVE IT!

Multiple tanks for their own purpose all to benefit the main dt.
    Great planning and use of space.

What are your plans for the refugium? Looks like you have a great chance to do a cryptic fuge.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. Not familiar with a cryptic fuge. My plan or I should say my wife's plan was to stock it with different color macroalgae. Already have some dragons breath she likes that has grown immensely in the sump.

Public Relations Liasion

Post Thanks / Like
    A cryptic is an are that starts with LR only that recieves no light. It creates its own sponge and other NPS which consume negative particles in your system's water column.

That is what my LR tank is and I love going downstairs with a blue light and looking at all of the pods and new growth of weird stuff

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by static reef; 08-03-2015 at 12:18 AM.

19. Likes jalen.fisher.31 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow is the only word I can think of that isn't censored lol! Absolutely amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. Likes jalen.fisher.31 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Got the rest of the tank stained. Other tanks are almost plumbed in. Makes a total of 305 gallons.
    Was thinking of making frag tank a anemone tank. What species can coincide with each other if any?

23. Likes jalen.fisher.31 liked this post