Thread: Is this going to be enough?

Registered User I_Made_You_Read_This's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

Is this going to be enough?

I am looking to buy a skimmer for my new 120g. I found this on BRS Reef Octopus Classic 200INT 8 Internal Protein Skimmer http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reef-octopus-classic-200int-8-internal-protein-skimmer.html
    The is a super model that is $115 more but I can not tell what makes it more? http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/super-reef-octopus-sro-2000int-6-in-sump-protein-skimmer.html Any advice would be very much welcome.
    A people that values its privileges over its principles, soon loses both -Dwight D. Eisenhower

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a stronger pump and updated design on the skimmer, I honestly think they would both work well in a 120. They are both rated well over 120 it just depends on what you want to keep and honestly how often will you be doing water changes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have one very similar to this. It does a great job but is pretty tough to get dialed in at first.
    C'mon Man.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRuby View Post
    I have one very similar to this. It does a great job but is pretty tough to get dialed in at first.
    I feel like all skimmers are

Sent by me

Post Thanks / Like
    All I can say is buy used for expensive equip like skimmers. Check on reef2reef, reefcentral and MASC