Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SeaScape aquatics 1-17-2015

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRuby View Post
    I get it. But, I can see why small business owners can come across like this. I have been in there many times when someone will come in asking for some obscure item and Jim will say "I can get it for you". Then it is a question of when and how much. Usually it is going to take at least a week and it is going to be more than you can find it online. Now everyone says they want to support local businesses but that is usually only true because of convenience. I understand your frustration but I can't even imagine his.
    I don't mind paying a little markup to get something NOW. lol
    I can't even imagine their overhead.
    Their livestock is always better looking than anyone else in town.
    I'm also in agreement that they care about their animals more than humans. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I get it. But, I can see why small business owners can come across like this. I have been in there many times when someone will come in asking for some obscure item and Jim will say "I can get it for you". Then it is a question of when and how much. Usually it is going to take at least a week and it is going to be more than you can find it online. Now everyone says they want to support local businesses but that is usually only true because of convenience. I understand your frustration but I can't even imagine his.
    I see where your coming from but here is my thing there has been 3 or 4 rant threads on him since I have been here a year and a half ago you don't see any rant pages for coralxpression or mr.aqua because they aren't rude they work with the customer while mr.aqua may put his prices by what you wear he still isn't a prick to you just cause your new and don't know everything there is no excuse for poor customer service the guy is a prick and once he's loyal customer base moves gets out of the hobby or dies he is going to go under cause he can't keep the new people buying at his store cause they don't want to deal with him

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kutcha View Post
    I see where your coming from but here is my thing there has been 3 or 4 rant threads on him since I have been here a year and a half ago you don't see any rant pages for coralxpression or mr.aqua because they aren't rude they work with the customer while mr.aqua may put his prices by what you wear he still isn't a prick to you just cause your new and don't know everything there is no excuse for poor customer service the guy is a prick and once he's loyal customer base moves gets out of the hobby or dies he is going to go under cause he can't keep the new people buying at his store cause they don't want to deal with him
    Oh I would love to rant against mr Aqua! And coral xpressions!? My god could he be more out of the way! ☺️

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kutcha View Post
    I understand that sentiment as well. But lets look at this particular scenario and put ourselves in his shoes. If the bulb came in and was the wrong color, who's fault would it be? If it was the wrong pin configuration, who's fault would it be? If it was broken, would the customer wait another week or just order online? And for what., to make 80 cents on a bulb? I know, that 80 cents MIGHT lead to other sales, but it might not. And we can't expect them to carry everything or even be knowledgeable on every type of equipment that we require. I am in there quite a bit so maybe I don't have the issues of some. I for one hope they not only survive but thrive. I enjoy having a LFS to go browse in. I hate ordering fish online or buying them out of the bag when someone else ordered. They are great about holding livestock and do not want to sell you something that is not healthy and eating. I will gladly pay more for that.
    C'mon Man.

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand that sentiment as well. But lets look at this particular scenario and put ourselves in his shoes. If the bulb came in and was the wrong color, who's fault would it be? If it was the wrong pin configuration, who's fault would it be? If it was broken, would the customer wait another week or just order online? And for what., to make 80 cents on a bulb? I know, that 80 cents MIGHT lead to other sales, but it might not. And we can't expect them to carry everything or even be knowledgeable on every type of equipment that we require. I am in there quite a bit so maybe I don't have the issues of some. I for one hope they not only survive but thrive. I enjoy having a LFS to go browse in. I hate ordering fish online or buying them out of the bag when someone else ordered. They are great about holding livestock and do not want to sell you something that is not healthy and eating. I will gladly pay more for that.
    The reason for his post was that he told him it didn't exist instead of just saying hey I can't get them in sorry he went on the defensive and told the customer he was wrong and it didn't exist again poor customer service/ no tact

Post Thanks / Like
    Levi
    4 pins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    10 pin

How? The way I told you to!
    Why? Because I told you to!
    Coral Xpressions
    coralxpressions@hotmail.com
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...45044298939508

When all else fails, kick it, smack it then throw it out the wndow and start over

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the reason we have a club and forum is for hobbyists to talk about successes, failures and helping each other out. This includes our experiences with either LFS, Big box stores, or some local thief on craigslist that takes advantage of us.

Bruby may have a great relationship with this particular shop (obvious his name is written on 3 tanks to hold animals for him maybe it has taken years to build this relationship. My observation is pretty straight forward. I went into a specialty fish store looking for a fish related product and was told it did not exist and I was an idiot to even ask him about it. Also told ADHI does not supply light fixtures with their sumps (guess the sticker on the side is incorrect). I was never even presented with the option to have it ordered in for me. (The wrong part ordered and the shop is stuck defense doesn't work).

The assumption that I only go into a shop for "convenience" and regularly won’t support small local businesses is a blanket statement without merit. If you treat me decent I will return and purchase from you even if it is available online. You treat me decent I will spread the word (cheapest form of advertising). If a small business wants to thrive in business, customer service needs to occur. I have purchased several items from Seascape including my first polyp rock when I returned to the hobby. The female staff is very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The male "Jim" not at all. In fact Thanks to Jim I stopped buying water from him and got a RO/DI unit so I didn't have to "experience" his demeanor.

The start of this thread is my observation on my experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Coral Xpressions View Post
    10 pin

How? The way I told you to!
    Why? Because I told you to!
    Awesome!
    The Dude Abides

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck_Reefer View Post
    I thought the reason we have a club and forum is for hobbyists to talk about successes, failures and helping each other out. This includes our experiences with either LFS, Big box stores, or some local thief on craigslist that takes advantage of us.

Bruby may have a great relationship with this particular shop (obvious his name is written on 3 tanks to hold animals for him maybe it has taken years to build this relationship. My observation is pretty straight forward. I went into a specialty fish store looking for a fish related product and was told it did not exist and I was an idiot to even ask him about it. Also told ADHI does not supply light fixtures with their sumps (guess the sticker on the side is incorrect). I was never even presented with the option to have it ordered in for me. (The wrong part ordered and the shop is stuck defense doesn't work).

The assumption that I only go into a shop for "convenience" and regularly won’t support small local businesses is a blanket statement without merit. If you treat me decent I will return and purchase from you even if it is available online. You treat me decent I will spread the word (cheapest form of advertising). If a small business wants to thrive in business, customer service needs to occur. I have purchased several items from Seascape including my first polyp rock when I returned to the hobby. The female staff is very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The male "Jim" not at all. In fact Thanks to Jim I stopped buying water from him and got a RO/DI unit so I didn't have to "experience" his demeanor.

The start of this thread is my observation on my experience.
    You're absolutely right about this forum being a local support system and share of experience/knowledge. I didn't mean to offend if I did. I probably came across as making excuses for Jim. Really I just wanted to try and find some logic in things and how your visit played out.

....Sharks with frickin lasers.... aiptasia lasers.
    ......I am fluent in English, jibberish, smartass, drunken, auto spell, doofus, sarcastic, auto correct and dumb. It's know it all I have trouble with....

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope I don't have my name on 3 tanks, I only got one fish one hold LOL.

This is America so say whatever you want. I am just not a fan of these type of posts because they usually end up in some sort of piling on. To what end is my question? I agree customer service has to be a priority because no one really talks about good experiences because they are expected. But have a bad experience and we tell as many people as will listen. Again to what end? If we can get enough people to quit going there, 2 people will be without their livelihood and we will be down to one LFS. (The other one that everybody likes so much)
    C'mon Man.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    Water is self service just as a heads up
    Yes but if you don't have the jug it is not self service. They have jugs but if you noticed anything past the second shelf is out of my reach. Today, I brought my can you get that third shelf buddy. And then got water. I also got service, because he's wife was there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by labinc02 View Post
    Yes but if you don't have the jug it is not self service. They have jugs but if you noticed anything past the second shelf is out of my reach. Today, I brought my can you get that third shelf buddy. And then got water. I also got service, because he's wife was there.
    I'm sorry I didn't realize that self serve meant they supplied the buckets. With self serve gas you provide the gas tank and they provide the hose and pump for you to fill up your tank on your own. I understand you may have needed help and weekends are busy for them. You have to understand that 99% of all customers that walk in for water just bring their own buckets and fill them up on their own.

I wanted to mention that just as anyone has the right to rant about bad customer service, I have the right to rebuttal with the thankfulness I have for stores like seascape being around. I picked up stuff I needed and didn't want to wait for shipping. they gladly helped me and were very informative with ideas for ways to save me money for my project.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry I didn't realize that self serve meant they supplied the buckets. With self serve gas you provide the gas tank and they provide the hose and pump for you to fill up your tank on your own. I understand you may have needed help and weekends are busy for them. You have to understand that 99% of all customers that walk in for water just bring their own buckets and fill them up on their own.

I wanted to mention that just as anyone has the right to rant about bad customer service, I have the right to rebuttal with the thankfulness I have for stores like seascape being around. I picked up stuff I needed and didn't want to wait for shipping. they gladly helped me and were very informative with ideas for ways to save me money for my project.
    Hey I gave them a second shot today, and okay with the service, and the livestock looked-and I purchased. You may rebutt, but that doesn't change the original experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone is ranting so I might as was just because . So coral XP tells me a corals is $20 and when I get there he tells me $10 ( bush you didn't see this so keep doing it ) . Seascapes well you know . Mr aqua changes his prices on how u look but he's pretty nice . But I think that they all have pretty good products most the time .

Sent by me
    Tb

Post Thanks / Like

....reBUTTal....

....Sharks with frickin lasers.... aiptasia lasers.
    ......I am fluent in English, jibberish, smartass, drunken, auto spell, doofus, sarcastic, auto correct and dumb. It's know it all I have trouble with....

Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully they never read this, but, I believe both of them to be introverts, (takes one to know one) you have to draw them out a little.

"we're all mad here"

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope I don't have my name on 3 tanks, I only got one fish one hold LOL.

This is America so say whatever you want. I am just not a fan of these type of posts because they usually end up in some sort of piling on. To what end is my question? I agree customer service has to be a priority because no one really talks about good experiences because they are expected. But have a bad experience and we tell as many people as will listen. Again to what end? If we can get enough people to quit going there, 2 people will be without their livelihood and we will be down to one LFS. (The other one that everybody likes so much)

it Probably was only one (just the one I wanted) a wrasse I believe.
    You wanted to know how it ends I ended up buying something there Friday night just not a bulb .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by labinc02 View Post
    They do have nice jugs. (on the highest shelf)

Post Thanks / Like
    Can we all just agree that no shop is as bad as tropical treasures?