Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SeaScape aquatics 1-17-2015

Just_Tim

SeaScape aquatics 1-17-2015

Tons of new stock in. I did spy one Marine Betta.
    Word to the wise, plan on a lengthy drip acclimation, their salinity is just south of 1.019.

I am America and So can You

Post Thanks / Like
    So I went there trying to locate a new bulb for my ADHI sump refugium. The "nice male owner" (sarcasm) graciously began to tell me there was no such thing as an 18w CFL 4 pin bulb and said I was wrong. See pictures
    What a tool! So instead of supporting a local business Thankful the Internet has these and want my business

And people wonder why small businesses fail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    He is a bit abrasive. I didn't care much for him the first few times I met him honestly. After I got him to open up and start talking though he became just another guy. Everyone makes mistakes. Maybe his vendor told him the same thing at some point. It would have been a lot more amusing had you brought the bulb along and had him explain how you got it!

....Sharks with frickin lasers.... aiptasia lasers.
    ......I am fluent in English, jibberish, smartass, drunken, auto spell, doofus, sarcastic, auto correct and dumb. It's know it all I have trouble with....

Just_Tim
    Quote Originally Posted by greaseballpaul View Post
    He is a bit abrasive. I didn't care much for him the first few times I met him honestly. After I got him to open up and start talking though he became just another guy. Everyone makes mistakes. Maybe his vendor told him the same thing at some point. It would have been a lot more amusing had you brought the bulb along and had him explain how you got it!

Fully agree with both opinions. I believe that they really push for ONE supplier. This has to be the reason that they are still pushing the AquaC EV's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone would if the kick back is healthy enough!

......I am fluent in English, jibberish, smartass, drunken, auto spell, doofus, sarcastic, auto correct and dumb. It's know it all I have trouble with....

Post Thanks / Like
    So I have a love hate relationship with seascape. I have purchased awesome corals and awesome fish for a fair price on many occasions. But I never go in thinking I'm going to get anything above an awkward experience that often leads to an annoying experience. Just remember it's all about the fish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Abrasive is not the "A" word that comes to mind. I get what you are say GBP. The reason I didn't have the bulb with me was I was driving by and thought I would give it a shot. A simple we don't carry it or something other than a statement that it did exist. Thought I would share my experience with the group is all. Insanity is defined doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome. My bad for going in and asking

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't had a issue with him since the first time I went in there. But then again I haven't gone in there since my first time lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kutcha View Post
    I haven't had a issue with him since the first time I went in there. But then again I haven't gone in there since my first time lol
    Funniest thing I've heard in a while. 1 point to you good sir

How? The way I told you to!
    Why? Because I told you to!
    Coral Xpressions
    coralxpressions@hotmail.com
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...45044298939508

When all else fails, kick it, smack it then throw it out the wndow and start over

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck_Reefer View Post
    So I went there trying to locate a new bulb for my ADHI sump refugium. The "nice male owner" (sarcasm) graciously began to tell me there was no such thing as an 18w CFL 4 pin bulb and said I was wrong. See pictures
    What a tool! So instead of supporting a local business Thankful the Internet has these and want my business

And people wonder why small businesses fail

4 pin or 2 pin? Pic looks like 2 pin

Post Thanks / Like
    4 pin in a square configuration

SCMAS President

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Tim View Post
    Tons of new stock in. I did spy one Marine Betta.
    Word to the wise, plan on a lengthy drip acclimation, their salinity is just south of 1.019.

Good catch. There are 3 checks that I always do when preparing to acclimate.
    Alk, pH and salinity. That always determins acclimation duration for me.
    Doyle

"It's better to be silent and thought the fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

90g sps Reef, DIY LED Lighting.
    180g Reef - rebirth started Jan 2013
    260g Coral Propagation System.

Go dtí go bhfilleann sé abhaile!

13. Thanks reefifishy thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a bummer. I work right across the street from them, but I don't go in there. I tried to buy water from them a couple of weeks ago, but I couldn't get any service. So I left and went to Petco.

Post Thanks / Like
    I get RO/DI there weekly (It's self serve btw). Have bought most of my fish and CUC there with little to no acclimation. Never had any issues. The folks are a little hard to deal with... til you get to know them a little.

Post Thanks / Like
    The more I go in there the friendlier the guy gets. I barely buy anything either, I just like to look at their tanks lol. I do miss the other lady that used to work there. Their tanks look pretty good and they have a nice variety of fresh and salt fish. They are more fish people than people people. Their store is nice and also clean. I'd rather learn how to get along with the Seascape people then mess with a store like Valley Pets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by labinc02 View Post
    That's a bummer. I work right across the street from them, but I don't go in there. I tried to buy water from them a couple of weeks ago, but I couldn't get any service. So I left and went to Petco.
    Water is self service just as a heads up

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    Water is self service just as a heads up
    Hmmm, thought I said that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Abrasive is not the "A" word that comes to mind. I get what you are say GBP. The reason I didn't have the bulb with me was I was driving by and thought I would give it a shot. A simple we don't carry it or something other than a statement that it did exist. Thought I would share my experience with the group is all. Insanity is defined doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome. My bad for going in and asking

I get it. But, I can see why small business owners can come across like this. I have been in there many times when someone will come in asking for some obscure item and Jim will say "I can get it for you". Then it is a question of when and how much. Usually it is going to take at least a week and it is going to be more than you can find it online. Now everyone says they want to support local businesses but that is usually only true because of convenience. I understand your frustration but I can't even imagine his.
    C'mon Man.

Post Thanks / Like

I get it. But, I can see why small business owners can come across like this. I have been in there many times when someone will come in asking for some obscure item and Jim will say "I can get it for you". Then it is a question of when and how much. Usually it is going to take at least a week and it is going to be more than you can find it online. Now everyone says they want to support local businesses but that is usually only true because of convenience. I understand your frustration but I can't even imagine his.
    C'mon Man.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadReefer View Post
    Hmmm, thought I said that.
    I didn't read your post before I posted