Thread: Medicated foods

Post Thanks / Like

Medicated foods

I've used the Dr. G's medicated fish eggs before and think it may have helped. I had a hippo tang with some ick spots and no other fish got it. The hippo cleared up then had them again as the life cycle repeated, but I didn't lose him or any other fish. The thing was the hippo didn't eat the eggs. I soaked the flake food and pellets in with the eggs and think it soaked in some of the medicine. I just dumped the stuff in and have not seen any corals harmed by the food.

New Life Spectrum has come out with two medicated pellet foods. I think this stuff is more risky to use in the tank because the rep at MACNA told me it would kill the coral if it got on it. In fact she was very blunt about it - no people or sales skills. Their instructions now say to place it in a section of the tank away from corals and make sure clowns don't take pellets back to nems. For QT tanks it seems like a good fit for sure.

I'm going to get some of both kinds to have on hand. Here's link to some info about it. LINK

Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the new life spectrum stuff Joe. I haven't seen any poor results from it yet. I have both the ick shield, and the hex shield.