Thread: cleaner shrimp spawning

Post Thanks / Like

cleaner shrimp spawning

A few days ago, I noticed one of my cleaners with a large clutch of eggs. Tonight, about an hour after lights out I noticed, at least, hundreds of tiny shrimp floating throughout the water column. Any ideas of what I can do if anything? I pulled all of my filter media in hope that some would find a safe haven in my live rock portion of the sump.
    LEARNING SALTWATER ONE "CRASH" AT A TIME

Post Thanks / Like
    Its hard to get cleaner shrimp to make it. Peppermints are doable though. If you want to try, i have a larva catcher you can try. Probably have another batch in about 10 days.
    Don't look here for a comment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Its hard to get cleaner shrimp to make it. Peppermints are doable though. If you want to try, i have a larva catcher you can try. Probably have another batch in about 10 days.
    I just don't know where I would put them if I caught them is the problem. Is there anything that I should feed in an attempt to have a couple possibly thrive in my live rock portion of the sump. I fed the tank some frozen rotis and phyto after seeing them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Live rotifers, maybe frozen would work, phyto, but I don't know if you can get the density high enough in the sump for them to make it. I think if you could scoop some out and put it in a floating container so the memo would be good and you could add it to the container so they basically can bump into food might help .

Post Thanks / Like
    Frozen Baby Brine???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Live rotifers, maybe frozen would work, phyto, but I don't know if you can get the density high enough in the sump for them to make it. I think if you could scoop some out and put it in a floating container so the memo would be good and you could add it to the container so they basically can bump into food might help .
    I think I'll try that next time. I can't see any this morning, but maybe they'll come out again tonight. I guess if nothing else, it's free live food I swear there had to be at least a thousand of those little suckers floating around in there.