Thread: Fraging ZOES

Post Thanks / Like

Fraging ZOES

If you have a large rock with Zoa's on it. is it possible to cut them off and frag them?

also were do you find frag disks?
    I hope this is the right place or this thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is usually possible to frag zoas. Your best bet is a dremmel or bone crushers (heavy duty wire cutters), short of buying a coral bandsaw. Try very, very hard to get a piece of the rock they're on. The survival rate for the new frags increases almost exponentially depending on how little they are disturbed. For example, I had a frag disk that had spread, so I simply cut the disk and the zoas went with it. They all survived beautifully. On the other hand, if it's a more difficult rock to cut and the zoas come away with the rock in rubble or just the zoas with no rock, the attrition rate is about half. Disks can be ordered through BRS or Fosterandsmith, but I've had good luck through eBay. And no one beats dollar tree for gel super glue, especially now they've increased bottle size from 2g to 3.6g.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can give you frag discs if needed
    LEARNING SALTWATER ONE "CRASH" AT A TIME

Great Mahjong: Classic Champion!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check with Doyle,he has all different sizes of frag plugs and domes that he makes.

Public Relations Liasion

Post Thanks / Like
    Ebay-seller name, salty critters for the disks. Normally 4$ for 25 sometimes goes on sale.

Dollar store for super gel. When and if you start fragging alot, you can call reefkoi and order 8 or12 oz (cant rememver exact size but a smokin deal). Of some super thick super gel for 40$

sent from FBI van #43