Thread: Eshopps | psk-75

Post Thanks / Like

Eshopps | psk-75

Would this skimmer work for my newbie tank?

http://www.eshopps.com/products/prot.../insump/psk75/

Public Relations Liasion

Post Thanks / Like
    I cant remember if your tank is drilled brother or if you opted not to do it. This is designed for an in sump only and not a hang on the back. I dont have much experience with these but someone here might.

sent from FBI van #43

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd go with an aqua c remora hang on the back just like what Tim has in the sump of his 90g

Just_Tim
    Mine is the Urchin. But it functions the same. Just not a hob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCMAS President

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't researched skimmer for a long time. But I think these are a cheaper skimmer that with some modifications can function pretty well. Just google psk-75 skimmer mods.
    Doyle

"It's better to be silent and thought the fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

90g sps Reef, DIY LED Lighting.
    180g Reef - rebirth started Jan 2013
    260g Coral Propagation System.

Go dtí go bhfilleann sé abhaile!

Post Thanks / Like
    @JJ It's not drilled , but I'm getting an hob overflow and using the sump (after I install and reconfigure a couple of baffles.

Public Relations Liasion

Post Thanks / Like
    Well in that case there's a plethora of skimmers to choose from. Reef octopus tends to be my choice but, I love the cad lights skimmer I have on the 60 gallon cube. Very easy to dial in and oulls pretty good. Picked it up for 100 used

sent from FBI van #43

SCMAS President

Post Thanks / Like
    Do lots of research and then ask more questions. You do not want to get stuck with a skimmer that you don't like. There are tons of good ones out there. Tons of bad ones too.
    Doyle

"It's better to be silent and thought the fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

90g sps Reef, DIY LED Lighting.
    180g Reef - rebirth started Jan 2013
    260g Coral Propagation System.

Go dtí go bhfilleann sé abhaile!

Post Thanks / Like
    Right now, I'm looking at affordability but not bottom of the barrel either. A 4" reef octopus isn't out of the question I suppose.

Public Relations Liasion

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler.duvall.140 View Post
    Right now, I'm looking at affordability but not bottom of the barrel either. A 4" reef octopus isn't out of the question I suppose.
    A skimmer is something you dont want to "skim on". Full pun intended. This is something you should spend some time and money on. This hobby unfortunately is a little easier if you invest in it. Im not saying you need to spend 100's but what alot of us do is look around and find the exact type that you want, and then wait it out until you find it slightly used on ebay, cl, or the club forums. Once you find the make and model, start a thread and we can all sharp shoot it for you. Then if you still decide that is the one you want we can all keep an eye out for it.

sent from FBI van #43
    Last edited by static reef; 09-23-2014 at 09:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The PSK-75 is the in-sump version. The PSK-75H is the hang on the back of the tank version. I had the PSK-75H for about 4 years and it finally broke when I dropped it on the floor and cracked the plastic. I was looking at the PSK-75H to replace it, but decided on the slightly larger PSK-100H skimmer because I put too much food in the tank and have too much livestock. The upgrade to the 100H didn't cost much but is an in 1" larger in diameter which makes a huge difference. Plus the sicee pump is really quiet, yet powerful. For a budget skimmer, I would recommend it based on personal use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Steamboat! I was looking at the fact it has a Sicce needle wheel pump. That is what impressed me on a $100 skimmer.