Thread: Not going to be a fun night

Post Thanks / Like

Not going to be a fun night

Well looked in my tank tonight and have ich.... going to pull all corals out as it will be easier than trying to tear the display down to catch all the fish. Going to bring the dt down to hypo over tonight and tomorrow. I know this has been asked a million times but will running hypo kill the good bacteria in my tank? What about the culerpa and chaeto? Getting pretty discouraged...

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    What was once supposed to be a hobby, has quickly become an OBSESSION!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Your bacteria will be fine. I can't say I know wether or not it will affect your macros, but I wouldn't leave them in it. You can always put them in a 10g just for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Fret not sir. You'll make it through this crap. I believe we have come to the conclusion that your system would be fine were you to run hypo. Lemme know if you need a hand sometime with anything
    Last time I checked my watch this was America!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just sick of dealing with all the damn issues all of the time... just when things are looking good, something has to happen.... aggravated that's all... I think I've proven that I'm not going anywhere lol

SCMAS President

Post Thanks / Like
    I run chaeto in my QT tank. No problems, used it to seed the bacteria. It never had a problem.
    Doyle

"It's better to be silent and thought the fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

90g sps Reef, DIY LED Lighting.
    180g Reef - rebirth started Jan 2013
    260g Coral Propagation System.

Go dtí go bhfilleann sé abhaile!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok sweet. Thanks Doyle!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear this. I'm almost through with running my tank fallow. It was a pain getting all the fish out, then going through an algae outbreak from over feeding the corals and the lights going to 100% for a few days before I noticed what I had done. Pain in the buttocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't look here for a comment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well... hypo was a failure.... ended up losing all fish... I moved all my coral into a my Solana that I was using for a frag setup. Breaking the 150 down this weekend and looking to get rid of it. Just don't have time motivation to keep a bigger tank right now... might end up getting a nice clown pair, maybe a goby or something after this tank sits fallow for a while...

Still have the 180 that I picked up a bit ago that I'm going to setup as freshwater for the wife. Easier for her to take care of. Otherwise I will have some leds, a 150 acrylic tank (needs a bit of buffing), sump and probably some other stuff... just don't have the drive to put all that money back into it right now. Let me know if you are looking for anything and I'll let you know if I have it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear this. I went out of town recently and lost all my fish I had in hypo too. They were in a tank over in the corner and it was one of those stupid electrical outlets controlled by a wall switch - I guess for a lamp. When I was gone the guys staying at my house turned off all the switches one night when they left the room and everything died. The big tank with the corals and inverts was on the Apex and and a regular plug so there wee no problems with it. Thought I was going to come home about a week ago and move the fish into the tank because the 8 weeks would have been over. Nope. The big tank has been fallow long enough, now it's just a matter of QT for new fish to go in it.