Thread: Quarantine Set-ups

Post Thanks / Like

Quarantine Set-ups

Wondering what sorts of quarantine set-ups some of the wiser club members may use that help maintain water quality yet can still be disassembeled and sterillized (unless you have a good method for that as well). I've been using a forty with some HOBs but not sure if its the best method for keepihg the water stable without constant testing and water changes. I do understanf that's a large part, but I'm still not convinced my QT water is as stable as it needs to be.

Anyways i get the dosing/medicating/hypo bits, just wanted to see what other tricks equipment and setups people use. Lights, no lights, tank water, rock, no rock, skimmers, UV, canisters, gravel, sponge filters, etc?

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Whenever I have ran a qt tank I have always used water change water from my display tank to fill and do water changes on the qt. I would also keep filter pads or filter floss in my displays sump to use on a qt/hypo tank.

Post Thanks / Like
    Whenever I have ran a qt tank I have always used water change water from my display tank to fill and do water changes on the qt. I would also keep filter pads or filter floss in my displays sump to use on a qt/hypo tank. I only have a air stone hob filter and no lights on my qt/hypo tanks.

Public Relations Liasion

Post Thanks / Like
    My new set up will have a 90 gallon qt tank. It will be filled by the main return pump and will constantly be running and draining back into my sump. When a new fish comes in, I will close the ball valve for the return and the drain, thus locking all of the water in. With a switch of a surge protector, I will turn on the heater, pump, and hob skimmer. The fish will only have to acclimate to my water once.

If treatment is necessary I will treat and drain the whole tank. The bad water will go directly to the house drain. I can rinse a few times and start the cirrculation over again.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by static reef View Post
    My new set up will have a 90 gallon qt tank. It will be filled by the main return pump and will constantly be running and draining back into my sump. When a new fish comes in, I will close the ball valve for the return and the drain, thus locking all of the water in. With a switch of a surge protector, I will turn on the heater, pump, and hob skimmer. The fish will only have to acclimate to my water once.

If treatment is necessary I will treat and drain the whole tank. The bad water will go directly to the house drain. I can rinse a few times and start the cirrculation over again.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Nifty

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    I once saw a forklift lift a crate of forks. And it was way to literal for me.
    - Mitch Hedberg

Post Thanks / Like
    Great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't look here for a comment.