Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flying magic carpets everywhere....

Post Thanks / Like
    I have one for sale lol. Jk, no i dont

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
    Coral Xpressions
    coralxpressions@hotmail.com
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...45044298939508

When all else fails, kick it, smack it then throw it out the wndow and start over

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkboy99999 View Post
    I wouldn't want to be you fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have enough pods and other stuff in my tank... My fish are just fine... Even green spotted mandarin

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_916 using Tapatalk
    Last time I checked my watch this was America!

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Well thanks to Joe I acquired a phosphate test today. So my levels are between .1 and .2 more closely resembles the coloring at .1 but just a smidge darker.. So I feel like water changes are in my future. He also hooked me up with some red slime remover. Today after yesterdays water change I didn't see any resurgence of the red slime so I'm. Holding off on medicating the tank and sticking to water changes to help bring it back down.
    I did some more thinking to try and come up with what has changed in my system. At first I couldn't think of anything then the reminder on my phone went off to dose the nualgi. I have been dosing it for 4 weeks now... I think I'll forgo any further dosing... Can't guarantee that was the cause but its all I can come up with

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by charleshardy5 View Post
    Well thanks to Joe I acquired a phosphate test today. So my levels are between .1 and .2 more closely resembles the coloring at .1 but just a smidge darker.. So I feel like water changes are in my future. He also hooked me up with some red slime remover. Today after yesterdays water change I didn't see any resurgence of the red slime so I'm. Holding off on medicating the tank and sticking to water changes to help bring it back down.
    I did some more thinking to try and come up with what has changed in my system. At first I couldn't think of anything then the reminder on my phone went off to dose the nualgi. I have been dosing it for 4 weeks now... I think I'll forgo any further dosing... Can't guarantee that was the cause but its all I can come up with

How did the red slime remover work for you? I have some cyano in my tank . Its not in plague proportions but its not going away either. I use my turkey baster to blow it off but my little gravel vac isn't big enough to suck the cyano off the sand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rawlins06 View Post
    How did the red slime remover work for you? I have some cyano in my tank . Its not in plague proportions but its not going away either. I use my turkey baster to blow it off but my little gravel vac isn't big enough to suck the cyano off the sand.
    Works great, knocks it back enough to buy yourself time to correct the issue. Cyano is a sign of high phosphates or high nutrients, more frequent water changes and feeding less would be my first suggestion to nipping it in the butt before it becomes a huge problem. Remeber, red slime remover is not so much a solution as it is a tool to help you take back control

Prepare Yourself! http://tinyurl.com/nsxj9k3

Post Thanks / Like
    I just put my other pump in my tank to increase flow. Think I finally found a spot that doest blow any of my corals around too much. Do I just use a regular sharp kitchen knief to chip off some food from a frozen food block? Do they make any cubes that are mixed food in one cube so my fish is not eating just mysis or is just mysis fine? Could I possibly get 5gallons of ro water off you this weekend Charles? I'll have an empty bucket tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll tell you. I take a whole tray of each of my 4 different foods, thaw them, mix together and place them back in the trays, put each tray in a zip lock and re freeze them. If I'm not planning to use a whole cube I thaw one out in a pee cup from coral, use what I want and either freeze the pee cup or put it in my fridge with a lid and in a zip lock until I'm ready to feed more. You're welcome to come by for water but it'll have to be late evening as I work both sat and Sunday early till late afrernoon

Prepare Yourself! http://tinyurl.com/nsxj9k3

Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't know I could refreeze them or keep it in the frig. How long can it stay in the frig? Gonna have to look into making something to make smaller cubes, or just not fill the spots all the way back up.
    Wish I hadn't gotten such fine sand. Makes it harder to blow the cyano off the rocks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Would chateo help?