new to the fish world

hi everyone my name is michelle and im new to the salt water world

chelleleal
    Quote Originally Posted by chelleleal View Post
    hi everyone my name is michelle and im new to the salt water world
    i wanted to say hello. but my daughter got ahold of the computer for me. :]

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome! The people here are very informative and well help you in anyway they can! I know I have learned a lot from this club and I'm only 14!

chelleleal
    thank you :] im hoping so because my husband and i are trying to build a decent aquarium and make it a learning experience for our children as they grow up.

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. Will you be attending the Xmas party? Gives you a chance to put names with faces!

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome michelle. let us know if you need any questions answered. do you have an idea of what size tank you want and what you are looking to keep in it?
    -dilution is the solution to pollution.

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you looking for a tank Michelle?

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the club.

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome we love pictures. ask questions and research as much as possible. PATIENCE, PATIENCE, PATIENCE. You wont have private messages till 25 post and remember we are here to help
    I'm not crazy I'm just southern!!

My build thread

http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showt...5-build-thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! You are lucky to have found this forum before you started your build or buy. I found it after and could have saved a lot of time and money off the bat instead of hours and dollars spent on trial and error lol

Master of the Universe

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the club. Questions are always good. They may not only help you but others as well.

Site Administrator
    Diamond Mine Champion!
    Fruit Twirls Champion!
    Queen Jewel Champion!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Michelle. please tell us about your setup and what you hope to achieve. Pix would be great too.
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau

Wine is for wisdom, beer is for strength, but bourbon is the water of life.

The New glass 300 build
    http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showt...ighlight=ghost

chelleleal
    we just bought a 55 gallon tank.. but it actually measured out to 59 gallons.. weird right haha but i bought it from a fellow member on here and he directed me to this site to help me out. we want to do a coral reef tank with a few fish to start with. right now we are trying to decide on lighting and skimmer options. does anyone have suggestions? ill post pics of the set up asap. i have to charge my camera haha. im so bad with that. thank you everyone for welcoming me

Site Administrator
    Diamond Mine Champion!
    Fruit Twirls Champion!
    Queen Jewel Champion!

Post Thanks / Like
    we just bought a 55 gallon tank.. but it actually measured out to 59 gallons.. weird right haha but i bought it from a fellow member on here and he directed me to this site to help me out. we want to do a coral reef tank with a few fish to start with. right now we are trying to decide on lighting and skimmer options. does anyone have suggestions? ill post pics of the set up asap. i have to charge my camera haha. im so bad with that. thank you everyone for welcoming me
    You going to run a sump? If not, then that limits your skimmer selection. As for lighting, LEDs all the way!!!!
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau

The New glass 300 build

chelleleal
    when is the party? its hard for me to get around right now im unfortunately in a wheelchair quite a bit right now. but if its wheel chair accessible and some time i can get a sitter im in.

chelleleal
    yes we are running a sump. were getting a EHEIM Compact Pump 3000 for up to 792 gallon pump. i was told to get a stronger pump because there is like 2 feet of plumbing for it to push through

chelleleal
    not at this time we already purchased a good set up.
    Quote Originally Posted by reefmaster719 View Post
    Are you looking for a tank Michelle?

Site Administrator
    Diamond Mine Champion!
    Fruit Twirls Champion!
    Queen Jewel Champion!

Post Thanks / Like
    yes we are running a sump. were getting a EHEIM Compact Pump 3000 for up to 792 gallon pump. i was told to get a stronger pump because there is like 2 feet of plumbing for it to push through
    3000 66 Watts 9.8 Ft. 396-792 GPH

It will pump 792 gph at 0' head (right at the pump output and taper off to 396 at 9' 8". If you are pumping 2' up, you can expect it to be pushing about 550 gph. I would go with at least a MAG 12.

The New glass 300 build

Art
    Murmansk I am new and would like to know what my 20 dues will get when I pay it?
    Thanks,
    Art

New User

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, It is really great do have new members. I don't know how much money and time I have saved due to this great group. I think you are starting off to a strong start. I really like running a sump, and if you are using your tank to teach your kids it will be a wise investment. Good size to start as well, I started with a 20g that I still have and it is much harder to keep then my 60g+20g/sump.