Thread: Location, Location, Location

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like

Location, Location, Location

Hi everyone. I've been on SCMAS and a few others for a little over a year now, and one thing that I have found nice is a location tag for where you live. I'm not talking about your street address, but a general idea of the city or area where you live. As an example, I live in Falcon but i don't think you can see that on posts that i leave. So If I happen to post that I have something for sale or need some assistance and I don't mention that I live in Falcon, I can expect several posts asking me where i live.

If there is a way to include that in our system, would anyone else be interested in having the feature added?

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like it. I have lots of people back out after I tell them my location. Great idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kevin,
    I can see your location as Falcon under your picture and join date on every one of your posts on the SCMAS site. It shows up: Location: Falcon and then under it is your post number. Just like you should be able to see my location as Elizabeth under my badger logo. I know some people don't show their "location" but yours does come up. Too bad I can't take a picture and show you what I see when you post. Hope that addresses your question a little.

Quote Originally Posted by kmellon View Post
    Hi everyone. I've been on SCMAS and a few others for a little over a year now, and one thing that I have found nice is a location tag for where you live. I'm not talking about your street address, but a general idea of the city or area where you live. As an example, I live in Falcon but i don't think you can see that on posts that i leave. So If I happen to post that I have something for sale or need some assistance and I don't mention that I live in Falcon, I can expect several posts asking me where i live.

If there is a way to include that in our system, would anyone else be interested in having the feature added?
    DBTC received: orange bam bam zoas, no named zoas, fire and ice zoa
    DBTC given: green mushrooms, green button palyzoas

Administrator

Post Thanks / Like
    ok, now i just feel silly. I never noticed it on my own posts.

I just rechecked another forum thread "Yeah for First Timers" and it appears to be a setting that if the Location isn't filled, then it doesn't show up at all. So, all everyone needs to do is fill out their profile information a little more complete.

I would personally love to get a visual perspective where all our members live. Any other takers? Come on everyone, let's share some details.
    Last edited by kmellon; 09-01-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not a big deal, I know that some people don't fill out all the information in the profiles (who knows big brother may be watching) so not all their information shows up on the left side of the post. I usually have to try and look on their profiles and if I don't see anything, have to pm them.
    DBTC received: orange bam bam zoas, no named zoas, fire and ice zoa
    DBTC given: green mushrooms, green button palyzoas

SCMAS President

Post Thanks / Like
    It doesn't show up on my phone using tapatalk. But it does show up on the web based forum using a pc.
    It is helpful to have that info when viewing for sale or dbtc posts though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Doyle

"It's better to be silent and thought the fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

90g sps Reef, DIY LED Lighting.
    180g Reef - rebirth started Jan 2013
    260g Coral Propagation System.

Go dtí go bhfilleann sé abhaile!