Thread: Subject thread about stores

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Subject thread about stores

I would love to see a new subject thread on stores, on-line and local. Experiences that people have, good or bad. I would like to leave a comment about Tropical Treasures and see what other people think. In specific, I have been in the store twice so far and each time I have gone in I have been completely ignored and when I asked a question the guy looked up from his stapling answered and turned away and continued stapling (now with his back to me as if he didn't want to answer any further questions)... I was just wondering if they have good livestock there, if anyone has had any luck there or if I should give them another chance. So far they have lost my business, but if the guy was just having a bad day (or two) or what... I would love to get other imputs on the experience. Also I am thinking of making an order from Aquatic Connection and wanted to get opinions on them. They have high shipping costs, but I don't know if that is normal for fedex. But there you go, I would like to see an area to post comments and opinions on businesses Thanks!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was just a place that went out of business but still had a sign. I tried calling one day because I did a search for a power head I think and they never answered. They lost my business that day too, It also looked like they only sold freshwater fish?

Post Thanks / Like
    I went in there and they do have some saltwater stuff; coral, fish, used tanks and some new stuff. I was going to get some plants for my refugium but they guy seemed too interested in making his signs. Nice looking fish too, had some 3 stripe damsels I was interested in but I didn't want to 'interupt' him again, so I just left. I still might go back there for the fish, but I would like to get some opinions on the place. It would mean something to me to have someone say "order it from seascapes" or "yeah, try them again, I bet he was just having 'one of those days'" Or even "their service is crap, but they have awesome, healthy fish and beats ordering on-line"; ya know...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never been there (I have been told it not worth bothering with). If your looking for fish Try the Petco on Powers&Union, they will order what you want. I have had very good luck with their fish, all have been healthy and are doing well, which is more than I can say for the other shops in town.

Site Administrator
    Diamond Mine Champion!
    Fruit Twirls Champion!
    Queen Jewel Champion!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    I have never been there (I have been told it not worth bothering with). If your looking for fish Try the Petco on Powers&Union, they will order what you want. I have had very good luck with their fish, all have been healthy and are doing well, which is more than I can say for the other shops in town.
    Patty, who runs the Salt water section at that Petco, is also a member here at SCMAS.
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau

Wine is for wisdom, beer is for strength, but bourbon is the water of life.

The New glass 300 build
    http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showt...ighlight=ghost

Post Thanks / Like
    I will stop by today and ask for her . Let ya know how it goes...

Post Thanks / Like
    Went there and saw Kevin,and he was extremely helpful!!! They are getting a new shipment in tomorrow, so I will see them again! They had a Wonderful stock of fish and Coral, I am so happy they were pointed out!

Post Thanks / Like
    cant go wrong with reefkoi
    What is this? A center for ants?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iseedeadcorals View Post
    cant go wrong with reefkoi
    +1.

Post Thanks / Like
    So I haven't had any exp. w/ reefkoi yet, are they just on-line? I saw a forum here that people go in to make orders to keep shipping low, has anyone had any problems with them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedibona View Post
    So I haven't had any exp. w/ reefkoi yet, are they just on-line? I saw a forum here that people go in to make orders to keep shipping low, has anyone had any problems with them?
    No problems with Reefkoi. He is local, just go pick out what you want.
    C'mon Man.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedibona View Post
    You can email him from his site (contact us page) to set up a pick up. Never had a bad experience there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys and yeah email me sales@reefkoi.com anytime
    Chris

Reefkoi Corals Retail Store

3945 N Academy Blvd Unit E
    Colorado Springs, CO 80917

www.reefkoicorals.com

American Slot Machine Champion!
    Dog Fight Champion!
    Gold Rush Slots Champion!
    Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Post Thanks / Like
    +1 for ReefKoi he is willing to ask questions for newbies like me and if theres something you want he can get it. Also Jon at Mr. Aqua is helpful and his GIANT tank is always cool to look at.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya, reefkoi is awesome, and you can spend hours looking at 1000's of different frags (and he knows the names of every freaking one, crazy) and finding the perfect ones for you. Not to mention, he generally has all of his lights on sight if you need something quick. I have purchased fish from him in the past, but am not sure if he is doing fish lately since his tank is no longer there (pipe in if I am wrong Chris because I could just be blowing smoke)kinda hard to get fish outta frag tanks..lol)), but I have bought some from him in a group buy before. Just ask, he is more than willing to help if he can!

madpatter66
    Thanx Murph Yup, my handle on here is madpatter66 (college nickname, lol!)