Thread: Powder Brown Tang WTH?

Post Thanks / Like

Powder Brown Tang WTH?

My new powder brown tang, which looked really healthy in the store, and was acting completely fine after he was put in the tank, has some weird spots/sores only on one side of him. He has no marks on his fins, just 4 greyish white spots on his side. It is possible he got stung by my anemone, which would explain why there's only spots on one side. Other than these spots, he is acting completely normal, swimming, and eating.
    125 Show In Wall

The money that used to get poured into my tank, now gets poured into my car.

Site Administrator
    Diamond Mine Champion!
    Fruit Twirls Champion!
    Queen Jewel Champion!

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you get a pic? Were the lights out when you saw him? How big were the spots?
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau

Wine is for wisdom, beer is for strength, but bourbon is the water of life.

The New glass 300 build
    http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showt...ighlight=ghost

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murfman View Post
    Can you get a pic? Were the lights out when you saw him? How big were the spots?
    In the store, the lights were on in the tank, I've heard that they are easily stressed, and my Yellow tang was giving him a little bit of a hard time right after I put him in, however they seem to be friends now. The spots at the largest are the size of a pencil eraser. I'll try to get a photo, but this guy is usually facing the other direction.

As of right now, I fed him well, gave him some brine, and some green seaweed, so we'll see. Any other things I can do to reduce stress? Maybe turn the lights off?
    125 Show In Wall

Post Thanks / Like
    Yellow tang could have established his territory with a few swipes of the tail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Post Thanks / Like
    My tangs seem to get those spots too. It's been off and on for over two years and they're still going.

Post Thanks / Like
    He's looking quite a bit better today. Weird. Just glad hes okay,
    125 Show In Wall