Thread: What could be cause this?? Help

Post Thanks / Like

What could be cause this?? Help

So I noticed tonight just in the encrusting corals burnout. What could be causing it? Each are on different sides of the tank. Could it be a snail or fish. It just started in its in weird spots.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just had something like that happen to one of my chalice
    AGA 65rr 120w L.E.D. coral life 125 Skimmer mag-3 return mp-20 powered wave

"I am what I am and that's all that I am I am what I am I'm still a hooligan" Big-B

"If mamma ain't happy ain't nobody happy" Randomfish

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dane View Post
    I just had something like that happen to one of my chalice
    Did you figure out what it was. Its like something crawed over it? The last pic that whole piece was perfect and now just a little is left. I haven't added anything new to the tank but a foxface in the last 2 weeks dont see him as doing that.

Site Administrator
    Diamond Mine Champion!
    Fruit Twirls Champion!
    Queen Jewel Champion!

Post Thanks / Like
    Foxface could do that, they have sharp beaks. What are your tank parameters? Have you seen any monti eating nudibrancs?
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau

Wine is for wisdom, beer is for strength, but bourbon is the water of life.

The New glass 300 build
    http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showt...ighlight=ghost

Just a guess but check your alk and salinity. Seems like anytime all of my sps start acting up one of those two r to blame.

Post Thanks / Like
    Monti eating nudis suck! They're hard to spot. They're a little smaller than a piece of rice and usually white like the dead coral. They look like little pieces coral flesh that's kinda hanging on the skelton just flapping in the current, but look real close and you'll see those little pieces of tissue crawling around slowly...

Post Thanks / Like
    is your return pointed at them? could be a concentrated dose of alk being pushed from your sump from the reactor or doser. Its happened to me like that before.
    -dilution is the solution to pollution.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikea213 View Post
    Did you figure out what it was. Its like something crawed over it? The last pic that whole piece was perfect and now just a little is left. I haven't added anything new to the tank but a foxface in the last 2 weeks dont see him as doing that.
    I did not figure it out it stopped on its own but at the time it happened I had been out of top off water for four or five days. The real kicker about it though was no other corals had any signs of bad health really over a hand full of them have blown up in growth during and since that situation.the only other thing I could think of is maybe my Hollywood stunner stung it but idk if its possible its a blue plating chalice. I really need to sit down and test everything I can't remember the last time I tested anything. The
    AGA 65rr 120w L.E.D. coral life 125 Skimmer mag-3 return mp-20 powered wave

"I am what I am and that's all that I am I am what I am I'm still a hooligan" Big-B

"If mamma ain't happy ain't nobody happy" Randomfish

Post Thanks / Like
    Iv looked close don't see any bugs or anything. I did notice a little crab up on the purple one yesterday and then I found him up there again working on the white spot. Could a cuc do that? All the other corals are fine so far alk is at 9 and Cal is 524 temp 78 waters at 1.024. Will it go back ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Site Administrator
    Diamond Mine Champion!
    Fruit Twirls Champion!
    Queen Jewel Champion!

Post Thanks / Like
    Crab is probably eating algae that is forming on the bare spot. It will grow back, as long as what ever was causing it is gone.
    The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau

Wine is for wisdom, beer is for strength, but bourbon is the water of life.

The New glass 300 build
    http://www.thescmas.com/forums/showt...ighlight=ghost