Thread: October Frag Swap! Come one, come all!

Post Thanks / Like

October Frag Swap! Come one, come all!

Please view our thread for information:

http://www.wsaconline.com/viewtopic....3&p=4219#p4219

randomfish
    damn if i wasnt moving

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by randomfish View Post
    damn if i wasnt moving
    *snap* -- Where from to where, when? If you don't mind my asking.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have updated the thread and set an exact time and location for the meet.

Time for another frag swap! This one be short sweet and simple. The only point is to move some frags between our growing community of members.

Time/Date: Saturday, October 29th at 10:30AM-11:30AM

Cost: Free

Raffle: $5 per ticket, winner takes all. - There will be 3 random frags in the raffle.

What it is all about:
    This is just a simple small frag swap. We will not setup the frag tank. The best way to get your corals seen is to post pics of them online or bring pics with you unless you have a sweet little setup like partsguy and his brother did.

Feel free to bring corals to sell if you want.

There will be no cover, no food, nothing special other than the beautiful pieces of coral we have to offer. I will advertise on the normal channels for this one to hopefully spark interest outside our growing group. We will plan for a 1-2 hour meet/swap in January after the holiday season with a simple potluck luncheon held at a members house. We will talk about formal organization of the club at that meet.

Brandon

Post Thanks / Like
    So, I took a full tank shot and numbered everything. I am going to bring a few of them and all others are available upon request and I will bring them. All corals are available for trade or sale. Sale prices will be negotiated at the swap or you can PM me with an offer before the swap.

Ones I will bring: 1, 3, 4, 6, 9, 11
    On request: 2,5,7,8,10 (Birdsnest, frogspawn, duncans, crazy orange chalice, green montipora)

1) Pocillopora - the polyps of this coral are bright green when it is colored up. I shocked it when I put it in my tank and it lost its color and it is still getting it back. I will bring this exact piece. It is about 3" tall. (It is the one on the left, not the orange ones)

2) Pink tipped and green body birdsnest - Wonderful coral with green hue and pink tips - very fast growing, not for beginners. You can see a poor shot that doesn't show the colors here. Let me know if you want a frag of this, I will just break off a piece and it is what it is.

3) Another Type of Pocillopora - much different, browner polyps with a deep green base. It is the same one Steve has. The piece I will offer is about 1.5 inches tall and 1" wide with about 6 branches. See next pic for a better look.

4) Acropora, has a wonderful green hue on the base when you get closer to it. From a distance it is browner. The polyps are brown. It is a fast growing hardy acro. You can see it here behind the green monti on the left. You can also see the #3 Pocillopora growing straight back in between a tall frag of the #1 Pocillopora and the Acropora.

5) Frogspawn, let me know how many heads you want. You can have between 1 and 4, prices will vary.

6) Green Zoanthids with wonderful brown skirt. I will bring two frags and each will have about 15 heads. You can see them in the middle here. If you want a large 30 polyp frag, let me know before I cut it into two pieces. There are two other zoanthids I will probably bring. One is a wonderful orange much different than any others and the other is an amazing blue.

7) Wonderful very colorful duncans. They are a deep green on the head and the outside flesh is neon green. They are very hardy and grow well when fed. I can cut off 2-8 heads and prices will vary.

8) This chalice has the best orange of anything I own. It is a deep almost red orange. It appears to be hardy and can tolerate most lighting conditions. I do not feed it and it grows fairly fast for a chalice. The frag I am willing to cut will be 2.5" long and 1" wide with about 3-5 eyes. You can see it in the picture above at the bottom.

9) Orange Montipora, I will bring 1 extra frag of this, (the other goes to cyber-burn). If you know you want one, let me know and I will cut one for you. The larger the piece the more expensive. I am willing to cut up to a 4" x 4" piece.

10) Green Montipora, I am willing to cut a 1.5" x 1.5" piece of this upon request.

11) I have two candycane heads that have my red and blue zoas growing around them. You can kind of see them in this picture.

If you see something else I didn't mention, let me know and I will see what I can do.

Brandon